Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free TiVo box upgrade letter

Hi Raiza,

I'm very sorry to hear about what has happened. 

Have you been able to speak with the team concerning this yet?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Ogmore7035
Just joined
Message 12 of 116
Flag for a moderator

I am so glad to have chanced upon this thread. I thought it was me!!  I spent several hours yesterday trying to order the new free TiVo box. It cna only be done by phone or on-line,. The address in the letter does not exist. If I go into "My account" and go to upgrades I get a message saying you cannot upgrade on-line and gives an 0345 premium rate number to phone. I tried e-mailing them but that becomes even more byzantine by asking me for the password that I use when I phone them. I didn't know I had to have a password to phone them !!!

It is quite clear that the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing and - to to put too fine a point on it - THE VIRGIN CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABSOLUTELY LOUSY.

Alan

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ogmore7035,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to read this. 

What were you advised on the call when you can called in?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Abbeylane
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Personally I would like some feed back from a member of the virgin team as to why such a simple task was actually so difficult to achieve? After reading that other members of the forum community have had the same issues regarding the free upgrade to TiVo letter.

jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 15 of 116
Flag for a moderator

@Ogmore7035 wrote:

you cannot upgrade on-line and gives an 0345 premium rate number to phone. I tried e-mailing them but that becomes

0345 are not Premium rate numbers.

Numbers that start with 03 are charged at the same rate as standard landline numbers that start with '01' or '02'. If your landline or mobile tariff offers inclusive calls to landlines, calls to 0345 numbers will also be included in your allowance, and so actually, probably free.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
BlueGT
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Is this some sort of VM scam to try and extract more money from customers.

Also has anyone had any success in getting their FREE box

0 Kudos
Abbeylane
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 116
Flag for a moderator

The customer service advisor I spoke to yesterday said she has booked an engineer to come our and put the free TiVo box in on the 10th of July, ( as the system Apparently would not let her order one to be delivered via the postal system), I have gone into my virgin media account and there are no open appointments for me!!!!! Let's see if someone actually turns up on that date.I will let you all know.I would be interested to see if anyone does actually receive a TiVo box.

0 Kudos
MikeHol
Joining in
Message 18 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Same story, got a letter, tried to do the order online and get a stupid error. Very poor of Virgin to send out a link and not test whether it works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Cezza_B
Tuning in
Message 19 of 116
Flag for a moderator

I too got this letter, can't get past page 2, says I haven't completed a field correctly but there is nothing to complete on page 2, tried it in Safari, Chrome and IE.  Chat advised me to call 150, rang for 35 minutes and gave up holding.  I just want to order my new box

Ian2773
Tuning in
Message 20 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Tested the page again today. It's still broken.

So, as the forum team now appear to be aware of this thread and the problems were all having with the link to get the 'free' box, can someone advise what the next steps are. Calling is not an option for me as I'm at work during VM's staffed hours!