Menu
lawton89
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Free Sky Sports 3 months cancel

I took out a package on 18/07 and got 3 free months of sky sports.

I called up on 17/09 to give my 30 days notice (which would cancel the sky sports on 17/10).

My latest bill (generated 03/10 for period 18/10 - 18/11) shows a charge for sky sports.

I phoned and the gentleman told me that because i cancelled within the "offer period" that i did not take out the full offer and it would therefore charge for the cancellation period. He advised that had i left the package then the offer would have cancelled automatically..

This surely CANNOT be true?

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free Sky Sports 3 months cancel

@lawton89 wrote:

I took out a package on 18/07 and got 3 free months of sky sports.

I called up on 17/09 to give my 30 days notice (which would cancel the sky sports on 17/10).

My latest bill (generated 03/10 for period 18/10 - 18/11) shows a charge for sky sports.

I phoned and the gentleman told me that because i cancelled within the "offer period" that i did not take out the full offer and it would therefore charge for the cancellation period. He advised that had i left the package then the offer would have cancelled automatically..

This surely CANNOT be true?

It's not true.  Call again.  Also check My Order in myvirginmedia.com it may be there.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi lawton89, 

Thanks for you post and welcome to our community forum. I'm sorry for any confusion there may have been over the Sky Sports offer.

As you're billed a month in advance for your services that bill would have been produced before the cancellation of the Sky Sports went through. Once they've been removed any advance charges would be refunded back onto the account 🙂

Let me know if you still require assistance with this.

Thanks,

ALEX_RM- Forum Team

0 Kudos
lawton89
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I called on 17/09/18

The bill was produced on 03/10/18 for the period 18/10/18 - 17/11/18

Please explain what you mean? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to send you a PM ( little purple envelope in the top corner) so I can get some more information and take a closer look at this for you 🙂

Many thanks, 

ALEX_RM-  Forum Team

0 Kudos