Menu
ChrisK3
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Equipment swap

Looking for guidance.

I have mutliroom so 1 box upstairs and 1 downstairs.

I have just installed my new V6 box and this is working successfully and was told I could simply take the previous box and put this upstairs as the older upstairs box is a much older / basic box.

Having done this, I can only connect to BBC 1, ITV, Channel 4 & 5 and that is it.

Any idea why...???

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Equipment swap

Boxes are registered to your account. What I think you are saying is new V6 box is ok, old downstairs box to be moved upstairs and upstairs box returned. What it looks like is that the old downstairs box has been deregistered, not the upstairs box. You need to contact customer services about getting registration changed, you will need both old boxes serial numbers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You shouldn't even need the serial numbers. They can see what was/is on your account. Tell them you want V HD/V+ HD removed, and TiVo box added back on. Price difference between TiVo & older V boxes is only £1 per month so neither here or there really.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You are receiving FTA channels which are broadcast unencrypted. Once the TiVo has been reactivated you'll get all the channels you've subscribed for.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
ChrisK3
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you although the told me that I was actually going to be getting a better monthly rate and that I can simply swap box over so best get on to them today as don’t want to be paying more as I was about to leave for Sky!

0 Kudos
S69cam
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So we have a very similar problem:

Original two room set up with hub in lounge originally with TiVo box and much older box upstairs via additional wall socket. The old box had stopped working properly.

Virgin were contacted and have sent a new v6 box out today, told on phone this could be used in lounge with hub and just to unplug old box upstairs remove and replace with TiVo.

New v6 seems to be working ok downstairs (although can’t seem to adjust tv volume anymore via virgin remote??) however we are not getting past the connection screen with the TiVo upstairs as getting message “Ethernet cable has been unplugged” and therefore no network connection is being created.  The TiVo has the power cable, hdmi cable from box to tv and cable from wall socket into box (the same as it had when the older box was there).  Unlike the original poster we can’t get any channels.  Phoned virgin helpline but the 2 call handlers didn’t seem to have a clue what the problem was either so arranged an engineer. My gut instinct is that this could be something simple that might not need an engineer (save my time and theirs).

any thoughts folks?? (Please bear in mind I am not techie in the slightest so replies would need to be simpleton terms 😂)

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Take the TiVo back downstairs if possible, and see if it is still functioning there. If it is, then you've at least isolated the problem to the cable connection in the upstairs room. Make sure the coax cables are screwed in tight both at the TiVo box and at the wall point. If it still doesn't work then at least you've got the engineer already booked.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@S69cam wrote:

New v6 seems to be working ok downstairs (although can’t seem to adjust tv volume anymore via virgin remote??) 

You have a new remote which needs to be paired with the TV.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ChrisK3

Sorry to hear about this.

Have you been able to get this resolved now or do you still need this looked at.

Can you please let me know either way 

Regards 

Gareth_L 

0 Kudos