Menu
eph1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Elderly parent needs to upgrade set-top box

My 94-year-old mother has received a letter stating that she will lose her TV service if she does not upgrade her set-top boxes by 31 July. They are the old ntl boxes and the upgrade is free so that is fine. However, trying to organise this is proving impossible. My mother is unable to do this herself. I initially went to the upgrade link but there was a statement that it would involve a return phone call to the account holder to ask questions about where the boxes were located and other issues; so not an appropriate option for my mother.

I phoned 150 (I am a Virgin customer) to arrange for an engineer to install the new boxes. However, the operator was unhelpful and would not make an appointment for an engineer without my mother’s passcode. My mother has no idea what her passcode is or that she even had one. 

Is there any way that the upgrade can be arranged so that my mother does not lose her TV service? 

Pete

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Elderly parent needs to upgrade set-top box

Hi hopefully a virgin moderater will pick up this, in the meantime you could try phoning again and go down the thinking of leaving us route you will get through to a person in the UK and they have a bit more common sense and hopefully sort it out.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Elderly parent needs to upgrade set-top box

Hi Pete

If you have not yet been able to sort this for your Mother then please pop back to me on the PM I have sent to you that you can find on the right hand side of the forums in the purple envelope.

Kind regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos