Menu
djsharpe
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Downgrading to Big bundle package

Just phoned 150 and tried to downgrade to the Big bundle package from the Bigger bundle package.

Was told it would be £59 a month but the web site says that Big bundle is £54 a month.

The lady I spoke to insisted it was £59 a month, is she correct?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrading to Big bundle package

She is correct if you wish to downgrade only the TV and not the broadband.

The bigger bundle has M100 broadband while the big bundle only contains M50.

The difference between M50 and M100 of £5 explains what you are seeing.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
djsharpe
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I told her I wanted to downgrade to the big bundle package, I understood that to mean I would be downgrading TV and broadband.

I will call back and stress I want to downgrade both TV and broadband. I thought that would have been obvious as Big bundle clearly states it is M50 broadband. 

0 Kudos
djsharpe
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I phoned 150 and chose the option 'thinking of leaving' and spoke to someone who confirmed the cheapest package for existing customers is £59.

Looks like loyal customers get a poor deal as usual.

Thinking of switching to Plusnet as I don't watch much TV these days.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post Djsharpe.

As with all providers we do offer introductory offers to new customers, at the start of all of our customers time with us they will have benefited from such a deal. Once this expires we'll always do all we can to offer the best existing customer deal available.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yep, like various TV ads for financial products usually, there are new customers, existing customers in contract and existing customers out of contract.

All seem to have different pricing structure often with/without a 'loyalty' discount. and not always on the website so you can check.  Usually your invoice only has a 'bundle' price, no breakdown for individual services.

The one that really annoyed me was trying to drop the landline and the bundle price went UP.

pdfbt40
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As with most providers, when you opt for a bundle of all services we can then add additional discounts to this compared to if you were to have a singular service.

If you'd like us to look into this further you can look online here or with our telephone team on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 5. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Emily,

If last is addressed to me:

Para 1 - entirely specious. There is absolutely no difference between an itemised list and a bundle to offering additional discounts.

Para 2 - I am well aware of the limited offers or ability to compare cost of individual services to other providers for existing customers. I said that in my earlier post.
For example, at the moment the only offer is a £27 SIM from your associate company!
Some people do not like talking to strangers, especially from a disadvantaged position of zero knowledge of service/bundle/cost/discounts.
pdfbt40
0 Kudos