Menu
Highlighted
Martin10980
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Don’t have cable in gilesgate

Hi. We do not have virgin media in my area (Gilesgate, Co Durham), does anyone know when it will be installed? I’ve read that they were planning it from the end of 2017 and said that around 19000 homes/businesses will benefit from their service by 2019 but does not state which area of Durham. I’m just looking forward to their broadband as ours is very poor through sky.

cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Don’t have cable in gilesgate

Hi Martin10980, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.

As much as we would love to be able to install everybody, sometimes it's just not possible. There are some areas where some streets have been cabled and others haven't so your issue isn't as uncommon as you'd think. 

We already have a full 2018 roll out planned as well as most of 2019 for new areas and New Builds too but we won't be doing any more in-filling now. 

I can double check to see if your area is in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Martin10980
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

i replied to your private message but I’m still waiting any info on my topic. 

Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for coming back to me with your information Martin10980.

I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 

If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matin10980, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked in to this for you. 

The team have come back to me to say that you're not in the plan for 2018 however they have passed your details over to the Opportunity Planning team to see if we can get you in the plans for 2019. 

We won't know more until then Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos