Menu
Highlighted
Vulcan24v
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Does having 100mb as opposed to 200 cause an issue?

I recently  phoned VM as I was getting behind with my payments due to the fact that my two grown up daughters decided to fly the nest leaving me with a full house package and 200mb that wasn't really necessary for me and the wife, plus £143 a month is now too steep for our finances having lost the "board" payments from the kids.

The guy from india in "retentions" (he said) suggested a drop to the basic package at around £55 a month which sounded fine to me but then he said my usage was over 500gb per month (probably due to the fact we use Netflix a lot)

He said if we were to continue using the amount we are then he would recommend we continue with the 200mb so as not to have "problems" with streaming downloads so I should keep the 200 and the price would be £75.50 per month.

Now a mate of mine on a BT package that tops out at 50mb (if he's lucky) has no issues at all with Netflix etc.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why I should have streaming problems with 100mb on a pure cable connection when other people without this seem to do fine.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Does having 100mb as opposed to 200 cause an issue?

@Vulcan24v wrote:

Can anyone enlighten me as to why I should have streaming problems with 100mb on a pure cable connection when other people without this seem to do fine.

No. No they cant. 100Mbps is fine for streaming, as long as its not a plan that has capped data. And the 100Mbps is the lowest commonly available tier, but has no data caps.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Wise owl
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why not Player bundle which includes VIVID 50.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have about 20 devices connected and no issues with Vivid 50. Use Netflix, Now TV, TV Go, Amazon Prime etc. Had three concurrent streams watching live sports the other day with no issues.

0 Kudos