cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i need a tv licence with virgin service?

JatBains
On our wavelength

When i first had the virgin v6 box installed , the engineer said that I don't need a tv licence as the virgin service is not using a satellite or dish. To clarify, do i need to pay for tv licence or not?

15 REPLIES 15

@roger_gooner , I've posted the link to the website on my profile but its not showing the graph, what link did you use ; there are 6 links to share the graph on and the picture of the graph isn't showing either. How did u show the graph on this chat? what are the steps

On the Share Live Graph page there six links, the one I chose was Small Graph (500x219 px) - HTML Link. You copy the link, edit your VM profile and in Personal Information > Signature you paste in the link.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Due to the current coronavirus crisis TV Licensing has stopped all home visits since 21 March. Also put on hold are prosecutions, debt chasing letters and scrapping free TV licences for millions of over-75s to 1 August. TV Licensing is also not contactable as it has closed its call centres.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

why isnt there any data on my graph and if i turn my laptop off will it still show the data overnight?

Chris_M1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi

Yes you would need a Tv license to be able to watch your virgin media Tv services. 

If you do not currently have this I would suggest turning this off till you have obtained one.

Thanks Chris 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

JatBains
On our wavelength

@Chris_M1 what do you mean when you say "" you do not currently have this I would suggest turning this off till you have obtained one."" . what do i turn off?