Menu
srwlml23
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do Virgin Media not care now you're leaving ?

In years gone by VM would offer you great deals to stay with the retention's team but why not now..

My contract was up a long time ago and moved to a rolling contract by bill was gradually going up and up until I received notice that it was having another £4 a month increase and I thought enough is enough. Loads of people advising cancel and they will phone you back, well this time nothing so today with 4 days to go I called them and asked is there a better deal to be told only for new customers and to top it off the deal I can have is actually £10 more than I pay now even with the £4 increase  included. They were simply not fussed if I stayed or went!! "That's you deal, take it or leave it" and the call was over in less than 2 minutes and that included wait and security..

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do Virgin Media not care now you're leaving ?

Hi srwlml23,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry you feel this way. All new customers get a welcome offer when they join the service, you'd have also received a welcome offer. After this offer ends, we'd then offer you the best price for the package requested. 

Deals are always changing, so it maybe worth linking in with the team soon, to see what they can offer 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
srwlml23
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

With 4 day's until cut off I'm pretty sure much will not have changed from now until then John?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I wouldn't know from here, but if you do speak to the team, they can check 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
praxis
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In a word (no) they don’t care if you leave or stay.It is more than evident that new customers are more important than long term ones.Take a look at the new customer offers compared to existing customers I have been a VM customer for well over 15 years and the only thing that keeps me with them is there BB speed.I had Full house pack and I removed the Tv part back in January now that they have put the yearly increase in play I will be dropping my BB down to the lowest one they do. I would remove landline but wife insists on keeping it.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Another day, another agent, another deal.
Worth another call - call between 08.00-11.00 to get a good chance of a UK agent

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos