cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Apps

GazzaWill
On our wavelength

Guys are we aware of any new TV apps coming to the 360 system. Such as Apple TV, Discovery+, Disney+? If so when? I'm thinking of leaving Sky Q but use the above app and would love them on the main TV. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @GazzaWill 

The main place to find out about any new apps launching is https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/ 

I have noticed companies, and not just VM tend to keep lauches close to their chest for reasons of confidentiality, or less minute change of minds or compatability issues resulting in more testing needed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @GazzaWill 

The main place to find out about any new apps launching is https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/ 

I have noticed companies, and not just VM tend to keep lauches close to their chest for reasons of confidentiality, or less minute change of minds or compatability issues resulting in more testing needed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi I get that, but this 360 system has been out for maybe 2 years now and we just got Britbox. that is really poor. Sky is constantly innovating with apps and services.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Both Sky & Virgin have pros & cons, but both operate a "walled-garden" approach to installed apps and additional services.

Both platforms have some channels and services that the other doesn't.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I've found that all the missing apps I want are available on my Fire TV Stick 4K.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

GazzaWill
On our wavelength

I don't agree. but would love to see your examples.

For starters all the apps you stated. Also the Stick shows HDR10+ and Dolby Vision for Prime Video whereas on my V6 these are dumbed down to HDR10 as the V6 (and perhaps the 360 as well) doesn't support HDR10+ and Dolby Vision.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection