Menu
MightyPrawn
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cost of second box

Hi All,

I've previously contacted CS (a couple of months ago) regarding a 2nd box (in a room where a 2nd box has been before, so all connections are in place) and been quoted £7.50 a month for the services and a one-off £49.95 for installation. 

I just rang back to take this option up and was told it would now be an eye-watering £134 for installation - surely this can't be right? I don't even think an engineer needs to visit, since the previous coaxial cable is in the correct place for the box. Is £134 now the standard installation price for a 2nd box? An £84 increase in a couple of months seems pretty ridiculous to me! The CS rep wouldn't budge on the price and I consequently left it.

Thanks in advance for any info.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cost of second box

@MightyPrawn wrote:

Looks like its correct according to the VM website. 

Prices/deals/offers change all the time and your best bet is to call "Retentions" and - if you are out of contract (check first) - say you are planning to leave for Sky as they have some great offers on for TV packages with multiple boxes and see if they can offer you a better deal in lieu of starting a new contract.

Set up fee £35.00 applies.

Virgin TV V6 box: There is a £99.95 fee for existing customers taking their first Virgin TV V6 plus £35 set up fee.  Virgin TV V6 box included with selected bundles. New customers taking their first Virgin TV V6 will not be charged extra. Customers wishing to upgrade or take an additional V6 will be charged an upfront fee of £99.95, but the £35 set up fee applies. New Ultimate Oomph customers get second Virgin TV V6 box for free (plus £35 set up fee). Additional Virgin TV V6 boxes are available for £99.95 plus £35 set up fee plus £7.50 per month. Additional Virgin TV V6 boxes are available to new customers for £49.95 plus £35 set up fee plus £7.50 per month.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.