Menu
Feelingstung
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Contract

Hi

Could I please get some help. Just over a year ago my son, without my knowledge, decided to upgrade my package to take advantage of a deal that he thought I would like. Within a couple of hours of him doing so and me discovering, I called Cs to say that I did not consent to this and that VM had no right to authorise this without my consent. I was really cross at both parties.  I was assured it would be reverted. Next thing I realised I had received a contract for the new package. I called cs again and had to go through it all again. The agent was not at all helpful and said he could see the package had already been reverted but he couldn’t remove the contract nor could he email me to confirm that this new contract was invalid but it was fine and I didn’t need to worry.  However, this new contract date continued to display despite the fact that I was truly technically almost out of my original contract. I was happy with my same package and because my son moved then out I asked for the second bedroom tivo box to be removed from service which was done.  I was at the end of the ‘second unauthorised’ contract and now see that from that date I am now assigned for a further year. .. so ultimately, by relinquishing an unused box from a rolling contract, it has tied me in for another year.?

Also when there was a fault on my phone line the engineer looked into my overall package with VM and decided to cut the cable for this second box to my property , despite my requesting that he did not do this. This is a ploy to force me to have to pay for a callout to connect if I want to reinstate the service again. Whilst the (now returned) equipment is the property of VM, I have already paid for the cable installation and feel he had no right to do this.

Thank you

0 Kudos
andrewkp
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract

You need to get through to the complaints team try and put everything into factually correct statements

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint

I would suggest to put everything in writing when making the complaint and keeping all paperwork and a log of any interaction.  The CS team may not be as well equipped to make a complaint to but they can be useful if you need to know what contract you are on, when that was initiated and how.  Any information pertaining to you and your account should be freely and completely made available to you, the account holder.  However if there are any difficulties obtain any information you may need you can make a subject access request.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Subject-Access-Request/td-p/3621903

0 Kudos
Feelingstung
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for such a quick reply and time saving links Andrew.  

Does a ‘change to the package’ apply to a rolling 30 day contract? (I dispensed with the second box) I can’t get any clear info about this particular question.

Thankyou

0 Kudos
Highlighted
andrewkp
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think it best to phone 150 with questions about the contract.  Try and phone weekday mornings when things are less busy. 

0 Kudos
Feelingstung
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, that will be the first thing I ask, thanks...

0 Kudos