Menu
Srb1983
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Charged for on demand service

Just received my monthly bill and have noticed I have been charged for the summerslam ppv. I never purchased this item as I don't watch wrestling and neither did any of my family. My on demand service is passcode protected. Personally think this is poor show from virgin charging for something which I never even knew about or watched. Had this been sky if you don't watch you don't get charged so surely virgin should do something similar.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged for on demand service

same thing happened to us a couple of years ago for wrestling. we don't watch it. item appeared. phoned 150 thinking of leaving option and it was removed from the bill. we were told to change the pin which is what we did.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Collette_O
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Srb1983,

Welcome to the community.

I will be happy to have a look into this for you.  I will request some details in a private message.  Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Redlady10
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, I'm new to this forum but had to reply to your on demand charge.  I to, have just received my June bill and have been charged for a live wrestling show that was not ordered by us.  When I rang virgin they said I must have ordered it or my grankids must have ordered it and I would have to pay I told them my grankids were in Cyprus on half term holiday and that me and my husband do not watch wrestling I insisted on talking to a supervisor and was told that I would be wasting my time as they could not refund the charge of £14.95 

I eventually got a team manager to ring me and after a chat with her she said she would check it out and ring me back, after an hour and no call back, I rang virgin again and was told that the charge would be refunded and would have to wait up to 48 hours for the refund to show on my account, I asked for an explanation and was given none just asked if they could close the case.  I have since changed my pin code and will keep an eye on my account to see if the refund appears as promised and will keep the forum updated.  Very disappointed with Virgin and would advise all users to regularly check their bills.

How low they have fallen used to be very good and will definately consider leaving when contract ends.  Would be interested if any one else has had this happen, my husband and I are living n our pension and don't need this stress.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI Redlady10,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

If a charge does appear on the account then this would only come from the box itself. I'm glad to hear our team have reviewed this and decided to credit you.

^Martin

0 Kudos