Menu
Highlighted
celticrab67
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Channels with no signal

Is anyone else experiencing a few channels missing with loss of signal? I have come across a few - Now80s music, horror channels & 4Music being a few. I have rebooted my TiVo but still not right. There is a number at the end of the message - W02 in brackets. Why is this happening when all the rest are fine? I have the full house package so these should be available. Contact twitter account - advises to come here for help. 

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channels with no signal

Why have you not called in and reported a fault?  Sounds like you have a signal issue which can only be fixed by an engineer visit.

celticrab67
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Because virtually all the rest of the channels are fine which wouldn’t indicate that kind of problem. Plus, after being on the twitter account, they advised to come to the community forum first to see if that would solve the issue. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There's a possibility that some channels are more susceptible to signal faults than others - being carried on extreme frequencies for example. If the OP is so confident that this isn't the fault, I'd be interested to hear what else they think it could be? (clue to celticrab67: if you want the fault fixed, call into CS and get it looked at)
I'm sure the social media people mean well....

0 Kudos
celticrab67
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your advice. Still same issue and switched off for an hour to reboot. Will call them to see what the gig is. Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about this celticrab67,

I've located your details and I can see that you've since spoken with the team.

Let us know if we can assist with anything further from this end,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
celticrab67
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi - it has now been well over a month and the problem still exists. I have had no contact from any team or member of staff to advise when I can expect the problem to be resolved. Meanwhile, even though my account has been noted that I have restricted access to the channels I should have, I have been billed my full amount for the month, which I find unacceptable.

Please can you arrange for someone to investigate this problem AGAIN and contact me as soon as possible. I refuse to call using the local call rate number as I feel that this will add even more expense to me and I do not have a landline telephone to call on 150.

I look forward to your response as soon as possible.

Regards 

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@celticrab67 wrote:

Please can you arrange for someone to investigate this problem AGAIN and contact me as soon as possible. I refuse to call using the local call rate number as I feel that this will add even more expense to me and I do not have a landline telephone to call on 150.

I look forward to your response as soon as possible.

Regards 

The 0345 4541111 number is a standard rate number. 03 numbers are charged exactly the same as any other call to 01 or 02 numbers and are included in bundled allowances in the same way. You are probably confused with expensive 084 & 087 numbers.

Short of making their CS an 0800 number (and I'm not sure that would be any great benefit vs the obvious cost), calling Virgin shouldn't incur any cost.

0 Kudos