Menu
VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Channel Guide on Virgin TV Edit

When the Channel Guide on Virgin TV Edit is updated for May, could all the following errors be corrected? 

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide

It's got the wrong channel number for Prime Video. It's on 205, not 228.

Sony Crime Channel on 193 is missing.

Comedy Central HD and MTV HD are now included in Mix and Fun, so should have a tick in columns 2 and 3.

Discovery HD and Animal Planet HD are now included in Fun, so should have a tick in column 3.

Nat Geo WILD is no longer on 264, only the HD version exists on 265.

VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel Guide on Virgin TV Edit

I guess none of the VM team did read this post as they're just published the updated May version, and none of the mistakes in the Channel Guide have been corrected.

Actually, I think the only change they have made is the month!

pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yep, and I think your right. Dated correct from 01/05/2020 and issued 14/05/2020, but not correct because channels haven't been updated as noted for months!!

Not only the guide itself, same for the cover page dated 14th May.

Latest channel change news is 'new' Sky Comedy starting on 27th January.

Perhaps they are waiting for a REAL new change of History to Sky History on 27th Mat 2020.
I believe only a name, not channel number change on VM platform, so I won't hold my breath.

PS VM seem able to keep the EPG up to date.

pdfbt40
0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Oh look, my EPG has gone mad with more than half a dozen Lifestyle channel number changes.

Checked the PDF Programme Guide webpage, naturally. Just as naturally its still the 14th May issue and the PDF itself is still only dated 01/052020 with no updates.

Not really my sort of channels anyway, but why??

Is it something to do with Sky taking over History Channels and needing more place holders?

PS The names of the History Channels will need changing!!

pdfbt40
0 Kudos
cheekyangus
Superfast
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The Lifestyle channels have been moved down to allow more space in the Factual category numbering. Not been confirmed officially, but it is bound to be for Sky Nature, Sky Nature HD, Sky Documentaries and Sky Documentaries HD. Factual ended at 276 and Lifestyle started at 278, which clearly isn't enough for 4 consecutive channels, so Lifestyle now starts at 285.

0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

"Not been confirmed officially, but it is bound to be for ......"

Which is exactly what I guessed and implied.

However, I wouldn't be as bold to state it to be bound to be the case with Virgin Media.

In any case, as with this and other threads, the point is I pay VM to supply a service which includes accurate and timely information.
Having finally got a fixed point where a downloadable Channel Guide is located with news on changes, they make changes without maintaining and updating those areas for sometimes weeks or even months.

I also wouldn't state that there are real boundaries between Categories.  The boundary between Entertainment and Factual has been badly blurred for years with the incorrect categorisation of channels to hide it!!

pdfbt40
0 Kudos
VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, VMViewer.

Typical, did some planning work using the January Personal Picks (which incidentally is only dated on the file name, NOT on the document!!)

At least the webpage also 'looks' updated to 27th May after not being touched for 4 months.

Unfortunately, as usual, it's incomplete

"Some factual channel numbers have also changed –"

leaving individuals to trawl through the PDF table, which is getting more and more difficult to search with so many packages/bundle schemes and no differentiation on Personal Picks.

I understand some possible Copywrite issues, put a searchable/sortable format file would be so useful.

pdfbt40
0 Kudos
VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator