Menu
pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Channel Guide - PDF Desktop Version.

Does VM announce revisions anywhere that a customer will see it obviously?
It seems to be necessary to access the file link page, download the file and then check its name!!

Oh, and by the way, why isn't there a standard file name protocol so update checking is easy?

Index.jpg

pdfbt40
0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel Guide - PDF Desktop Version.

The update for channels is available via this link.
The pdf files are easy to see which is the latest version, but if different people edit and save the file then the file name can drift depending on who saves the file, but it relatively unimportant as long as the data is updated on the web page.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for, as usual with replies, restating my observation.

You have to go to that page to get a PARTIAL list of change, often several versions old!
Its not in any general announcements or news page.

No it isn't easy to see the version on the PDF files. Its only headed month/year. It's also NOT obvious from inconsistent file names, which is why I mentioned it.

Perhaps you should think about why people want a PDF 'hard copy' before stating it's (always) up to date on the web page (or the EPG)
pdfbt40
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@pdfbt40 wrote:
Thank you for, as usual with replies, restating my observation.

You have to go to that page to get a PARTIAL list of change, often several versions old!
Its not in any general announcements or news page.

The TV Edit pages are published weekly, and generally the PDF guide is updated at least once a month. If there are changes to the TV service during the month then the PDFs may be updated more than once a month.

TV Edit is not designed to provide a consistent PDF link, the consistent link is the webpage above. That page will also normally call out any major changes e.g. the recent BBC News/Four/CBBC/CBeebies HD changes

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The TV Edit pages rarely provide all channel placement updates.

Yes, of course the PDF guide is updated at least once a month now, but I'm asking how I know there has been a mid-month update without downloading it and checking the file name. Even then the lack of a naming convention means I only know the name has changed, not that its updated, or even what the changes are. The TV Edit pages are never a complete list of changes.

Erm, yes I know the web page is the consistent link. I never implied otherwise. Just that a simple header on the page of "Last PDF Update" would be very useful, rather than wasting time downloading the same file again.
pdfbt40
0 Kudos