Menu
Highlighted
Shanegurney
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Champions league final 2018

I have the basic TV package.

I see that The Champions League final is in bold type as opposed to dark when you don't subscribe to certain channels.

Does that mean it is being shown in Channel 100?

I am away on holiday and arriving back that day, so need to record it.

Or do I need to phone Virgin and get the sports package?

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Champions league final 2018

@Shanegurney wrote:

I see that The Champions League final is in bold type as opposed to dark when you don't subscribe to certain channels.

Where are you seeing this?  Try to schedule to record it.

Virgin haven’t been forthcoming about how either Europa League or Champions League Final will be provided for free.  

Might be worth installing the TV control app so you can record remotely.

Subscribing to BT Sport requires a minimum 30 day commitment and will cost £18/month.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Both the Europa and the Champions League Finals will be shown for free on Channel 100 in HD. I checked this by scrolling through the Virgin TV Guide and they are both advertised there. This is confirmed on the BT Sports website. Also according to the BT Sports website the matches will also be shown for free on the 4k UHD Channel 532, although I think the channel number is a misprint as the BT Sports 4K UHD channel is actually 531.

0 Kudos
cheekyangus
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

Both the Europa and the Champions League Finals will be shown for free on Channel 100 in HD. I checked this by scrolling through the Virgin TV Guide and they are both advertised there. This is confirmed on the BT Sports website. Also according to the BT Sports website the matches will also be shown for free on the 4k UHD Channel 532, although I think the channel number is a misprint as the BT Sports 4K UHD channel is actually 531.

I don't think it will be a misprint, there is a hidden BT UHD stream and a hidden HD stream on the network. The latter will likely be will be what will be on channel 100. The former will be allocated 532. I think the reasoning for these temporary channels is VM don't want to allocate access to the usual versions of these channels on people who don't normally subscribe's accounts and then remove it from them afterwards. It's probably too fiddley and liable to mistakes. Easier instead to create temporary duplicate channels and then remove them.

0 Kudos
cheekyangus
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A slate information screen will be on 532 soon confirming what the BT Sport website says. The two finals will be available on there for every VM customer with V6 boxes with 4K TVs. Not me, I'll have use the Channel 100 broadcast if I choose to watch.
0 Kudos