Menu
Russmac
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Catch up

Catch up tv on v6 box not working I have reported it as a fault and told 8 weeks ago it was a network issue anyone advise when the network issue will be repaired as 8 weeks seems a long time currently only use TV was considering broadband but if network issues take this long to repair think I will give broadband a nissy

0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Catch up

@Russmac wrote:

Catch up tv on v6 box not working I have reported it as a fault and told 8 weeks ago it was a network issue anyone advise when the network issue will be repaired as 8 weeks seems a long time currently only use TV was considering broadband but if network issues take this long to repair think I will give broadband a nissy

This is mainly a user forum where Virgin staff wade in after a week or so if they're still neeed. You could wait for them to reply, but I'd be calling into faults myself. And as for VOD not working for 8 weeks... well you're a darn sight more patient and understanding than I'd have been :-)

Seriously though - there may have been a network issue, or maybe that was a red herring. But I seriously doubt an 8week fix time for a total VOD outage, that has all the feel of a fault unique to (potentially) your box which Virgin may well not know about.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Russmac

Sorry to hear this

Just to confirm do you have a V6 box or a TiVo Box?

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Russmac
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

V6

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Russmac wrote:

V6

The V6 must be connected to the internet to work properly and get "catch up" and updating programme guide (do you have that up to date ?).  You implied that you dont have VM BB so how is your V6 connected to your current BB supplier's router - ethernet cable or wifi ?  Look in Home>Settings>Network>Connection and what does it say about the connectivity?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Russmac
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry just checked again and it’s a TiVo box

the programme guide is fine

however when I try to use catch up I get a message that says I must subscribe 

I pay for the full sports and movie package so assume I am subscribed to all channels it also worked previously without connecting to the internet

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes it should - the Tivo gets its internet connection via the coax - doesnt need connecting to the Hub unless you want to share programmes to a V6. So you do need VM to sort it for you - Mods have been no help yet so I would call it in - try going down the "Retentions" route (options 1,1,4,5) as you will most likely get a UK based person.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Russmac,

Thanks for confirming this for us.

What channel is it you are wanting to watch when using catchup?

What is the main TV package you have?  

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Russmac
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi any catch up programme or channel advises that I need to subscribe before being able to watch

i currently have the full package with all movie channels and sports channels in excess of £90 per month

i have phoned numerous times to get this fixed with no solution ever being found could it actually be a faulty box

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I see, I am going to send you a private message, if you can reply to that I can look into this for you.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos