Menu
TerryAW
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Catch Up & On Demand temporarily unavailable

I have my Virgin service installed a couple of days ago, so still learning about the setup etc.  I’ve got the latest V6 set top box and broadband service (VIP package). I already have a decent TP Net router which I set up using modem mode on the Virgin hub router box. Works fine and now have great broadband signal in my house.

This evening I noticed that the catch up and on demand services were ‘temporarily unavailable’. I checked on this board and followed the suggestion of turning the V3 box off and on again after a couple of minutes. Still no catch up and on demand, but had a Network Availability (C130) message show up on the home page. The Network Connection page shows no connection - network cable unplugged. I’ve tried connecting a LAN cable from the hub router to the V6 box but still get the same ‘no connection’ message. I’m guessing that the problem was caused because on installation the two boxes were connected via WiFi by the installation engineer, and when I went to modem mode on the Virgin hub router box the connection was lost. I’m not sure how to connect via WiFi from my TP Net router but would like to try if somebody could advise me what to do!

Also, could the LAN cable be the problem, I’ve read that some users have upgraded to a CAT6 cable and it sorted the problem. Also read somewhere that only one LAN cable can be used if in Modem mode - maybe wrong on this and could be applicable to previous Virgin routers. 

Would be grateful for some help. Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Catch Up & On Demand temporarily unavailable

In modem mode only one LAN port is active so all connectivity must be with the router. It should broadcast WiFi so do a scan with your mobile phone.

If you have a TP-Link router enter http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 into your browser, username and password are both admin.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
TerryAW
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the info about modem mode being limited to one LAN connection. I’ve now connected the TVbox via a WiFi connection to my TP router and all is working fine again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi TerryAW,

Thanks for using our Community to raise the Catch Up and On Demand issue. I'm glad this is sorted now with the help of Roger_Gooner.

You can know more about the modem mode here.

Should you encounter any issues with your TV services again, you can always check our troubleshooting steps and see if anything will change.

For future queries, you can always go back here in the Community for answers.

Regards,

Valerie_T

0 Kudos