Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot get through to report a fault

I have a problem with the TV signal. Since the last period of heavy rain last week the picture is breaking up and the sound cutting out. I suspect ground water has got in somewhere between virgin and me. The problem is not fixable at my end (unless by a new cable decoder).

I also have the same problem as reported by many that I cannot get through on the phone to report the fault. I've been on hold several times for over an hour without getting through to anyone. The hold music is torture as well.

The script you have to go through each time you call is long an repetitive. It assume the problem is at the customer end when actually every time it has been at the virgin end.

I would report the fault by email or text or 'live chat' if I could but there is no option for that. This is an appalling level of service.

This is the first time I have had a problem with the TV in a very long time though the internet has disappeared and reappeared quite a few times. Internet faults are automatically detected on the virgin end so I usually don't have to call support.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot get through to report a fault

Once you've followed the menu options for "I have a fault" & "it's with my TV service", the IVR gives several encouragements to press buttons and get links for numerous online options.

If you're confident you need to speak to a faults agent, then ignore the prompts and don't press anything... if the system smells blood, it'll take the bait every time and you'll end up back at square one.

Don't give the system the satisfaction, ignore it and the queue will beckon 😉

You've mentioned a lack of text message option - there is 07533 051809 but it doesn't give an immediate response and so calling is probably better for fault reporting, if possible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I eventually got through to a human being and managed to book an engineer visit.

He also pointed out that there is a "message us" button.

If you go to "contact us" /  "fixing an issue". Its below "ask our awesome community. I noticed it was slow to load and very easy to miss on a mobile device.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

On using the "message us" button I found it was not very helpful. Its just a bot. Its script is as limited/stilted as the telephone script but at least you don't have the hold music. There seems to be no way to contact a human this way.

0 Kudos