Menu
Highlighted
Remluf
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cannot find the Challenge channel on Catchup

Hi, this is my first post.
I am on the brink of leaving Sky and for a couple of weeks have Sky and Virgin.
After a few days of use I am working my way through the features.

One of my favourite channels is Challenge. On Sky they are one of the channels available on catch-up where you can download and watch a selection of what they have broadcast over the past month.
However, I cannot find it on Virgin Media. I have searched for the channel and for the TV show I want to catch up with, but to no avail.
Is this channel unavailable on Virgin catch-up, and if so, then why?

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot find the Challenge channel on Catchup

I've just had a hunt around and can't find any Challenge OD content either - not sure if you're aware but quite a few channels let you access CatchUp shows directly from the Guide by using the "C" symbol that doesn't look unlike a copyright symbol.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot find the Challenge channel on Catchup

Depends if the deal with Virgin includes this content as to whether its available. Catch up/OD on Virgin uses 2 different methods for access.

The BBC & the streaming companies (Netflix etc) use apps that connect to the internet.

The rest of the channels use the actual cable broadcast infrastructure, creating a unique channel targeted at the cabinet you are connected to. The downside of this is that you cannot download or record these on your box for viewing later.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos