Menu
Highlighted
Steve1977
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Sky Sports and Movies

Having had them for about 2 years now I decided to unsubscribe and after being on the phone for 7 minutes (before I swear it was automated), the lady informed me that I had to give 30 Days notice to cancel.

When I pressed upon this she said "so instead you would like to cancel now?" well yes I would...she then said it would be done within 15 minutes.

Feel like an attempt to con me has been made tbh!

0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Sky Sports and Movies

She was not trying to con you as you MUST give 30 Days notice as stipulated in Virgin Media's Terms and Conditions.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Sky Sports and Movies

@KeithLeonard wrote:

She was not trying to con you as you MUST give 30 Days notice as stipulated in Virgin Media's Terms and Conditions.

It is a con. 

I cancelled Premier Sports and then three weeks later tried to cancel Sky Sports.  I was told that I had to wait to cancel Sky Sports as it was still another week until Premier Sports was taken off. I asked if it would be backdated and was told it would be.  I asked that it be noted.  Of course when I called back it couldn't be backdated.  SO despite it being in the terms and conditions, it could not be done.

Virgin changed the policy two or three years ago and made it my problem.  Virgin insist on 30 days notice, but in my case it was 30 plus days. I complied with the terms of my contract.  Virgin did not.  Virgin can't implement the 30 day notice so they should not enforce it.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Can-t-cancel-Sky-Sports-cos-of-existing-downgrade/m-p...

0 Kudos