cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Netflix on Virgin

Cymraes68
Joining in

Hi.  I had a Netflix account but somehow I now have a Netflix account with Virgin, so paying twice.  When I tried to cancel the Virgin one I was told to talk to Netflix.  When I talk to Netflix they only have my original account on record and not the Virgin one so are unable to cancel it.  When I log into Netflix, I can only see my original account.  Last night I spoke to Virgin and Netflix twice each and still have not been able to cancel as both are saying it is down to the other.  Can anyone help?

100 REPLIES 100

Martin it doesn’t quite work like that and I’m sure you know.... Netflix will go through their process say it’s not their problem. There’s an issue somewhere with both companies and it’s about time Virgin acknowledges the problem... money is being taken twice from some accounts and it’s about time you addressed the issue with Netflix. You just can’t have customers paying twice for the same product. 

i have exactly the same issue. i think theres a fault with virgin media adding on another Netflix subscription. As, like you say, Netflix wont show have details of such account with virgin. its a con to pay twice for something you I cant even access.

Netflix blame Virgin x Virgin blame Netflix

its the same **bleep**-for-tat crap you get from banks and utility companies that blame each other for wrong standing orders.

i dont believe this. I think Virgin Media are just adding Netflix charges on customers accounts to make more money. Netflix will have no record of such account, so there is nothing that can be done to cancel it from their end.

Also, virgin media should be able to tell the customer exactly how and when netflix was added to their virgin account. BUT THEY CANT! so wheres the security for the account holder? just bipass that and let anyone using the tel to add netflix subscription? MAJOR FLAW

the easiest thing is to set up Netflix account dirrect with Netflix. VIrgin Media should be barred from offering customers this service as they cant handle it correctly.

thats why it should be the account holder only who can add or remove services. MAJOR SECURITY FLAW OTHERWISE

good point. i have same issue and just thought about cancelling the whole direct debit. so angry with virgin.

Mantelope
On our wavelength
WRONG. services should only be added by account holder after going through security protocal.

anyone can select 'add Netflix to your Virgin Media bill' on tv. if only it was that easy to just add a new mobile phone!

i share the pain. VIrgin Media must refund you also for not activating the netflix account. its daylight robbery!

Hi - my wife logged in to Netflix via our Virgin box and we now appear to be paying for two accounts, once direct to Netflix and one via Virgin.  I logged in to the Netflix account online and there is no indication of the Virgin payment.  Both accounts used the same email and password as my wife thought she was "logging in" not "signing up".  I changed the email and password on my Netflix account via the website and this then logged me out through VIrgin.

How can the accounts be linked but the double payment not be traced?

How can I cancel the Netflix payment via Virgin Media without canceling my entire Virgin Media subscription?

Thanks

Iain

Looking on my account I can see the same account is being used for all devices I stream through, but I'm being charged directly by Netflix and also by Virgin Media.  It's not that a second account was set up, I am now being charged twice for the same account just for logging in via the Virgin Box.

OK then Virgin Media please explain the process in detail how you create a Netflix account when you already have an antonyms account with Netflix. 

Please go through step by step as to how you add Netflix through VM and how you identify it’s the account holder. None of the comments on here have stated they have gone through any processes to add Netflix.

There is a flaw in your system you keep saying only the account holder can add...so now explain how it’s done please!!!