cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Netflix on Virgin

Cymraes68
Joining in

Hi.  I had a Netflix account but somehow I now have a Netflix account with Virgin, so paying twice.  When I tried to cancel the Virgin one I was told to talk to Netflix.  When I talk to Netflix they only have my original account on record and not the Virgin one so are unable to cancel it.  When I log into Netflix, I can only see my original account.  Last night I spoke to Virgin and Netflix twice each and still have not been able to cancel as both are saying it is down to the other.  Can anyone help?

100 REPLIES 100

Qax648
On our wavelength

Wow just had a lovely call with Virgin Media..

Explained situation. "You have to call Netflix".

But I already called them. They don't know who I am, they have no record of me.

"You have to call Netflix"

I already did like I just said. The Virgin box is signing me into someone else's account. I told Netflix the email it was showing, they confirmed that's someone else's account. They told me this is an issue with Virgin Media issuing the wrong credentials.

"You have to call Netflix"

Ok so when did I sign up? I got no confirmation email, no billing details, nothing.

"I can't see that" - "You have to call Netflix"

So there's really nothing you can do?

"Yes, I can refer you to Netflix".

Qax648
On our wavelength

Wow how did you manage that?

See my latest post. Call Netflix. Call Netflix. Call Netflix...

Think I got through to a parrot.

Well done to your perseverance. I might try and call for £27 refund owed. If I have any strength left.

Qax648
On our wavelength

I was in the queue to speak to Netflix, again, about this issue - at the behest of Virgin's support desk...

Whilst waiting I signed out of my proper account on the VM box, rebooted it and loaded Netflix. This has been taking me into someone else's account but that has suddenly stopped.

Instead, it takes me to the sign-up screen in the Netflix app. So it's like the association to a stranger's Netflix account has gone. I wonder if this will stop the billing too.

I wonder, to be honest, if this has been noticed somewhere internally and sorted out quietly. I will see if I am billed for it again next time. Until then there's little point in winding myself up listening to Virgin say "call Netflix" and Netflix saying "call Virgin".

so today was my billing day and to my ongoing exasperation, the 11.99 was invoiced again. Having read all the previous posts of recent days, I chose to phone and got through surprisingly quickly. Fairly brief conversation registering my frustration, reference to this community thread, reference to making a complaint etc - the polite customer services said would put some sort of a "code" and the next bill would not have 11.99 on. 90 minutes later, an email appeared with a PDF change of service notice and the magic phrase on the email "Netflix access removed" although bewilderingly it still has the grey box on the PDF with the Netflix logo and the small print saying You have chosen......blah blah -? I do not propose to question it again unless I need to. If this is a success, it will still have cost me 4 x 11.99 which I have little interest in getting refunded and would rather it went to charity but cannot chase up with current energy. Just want to thank all of those posting about this issue and keeping the faith...….cheers until next billing day!

Marzenak
Joining in

We had the same problem with two Netflix accounts, one via Virgin and one via Netflix webside  and for weeks we couldn't cancel it, however I've just managed to do it!!

Hopefully I can help....

On your Home Page for TiV0 go to help & settings then click system info and next choose one of the four options, I think it was copyrights & trademarks I know it sounds like a strange option for cancellation but I just kept pressing the options and suddenly I found the one! Then you will get the Netflix cancelation page. The reason I don't know what is the very last step is because after I cancelled Netflix the option to "cancel it " again is not there because Netflix is cancelled. I've checked and Netflix doesn't work anymore so Hurray!

Qax648
On our wavelength

Thanks for that - I checked and on my box it only offers me "Sign out" not "cancel"...

Which makes sense I guess as I didn't sign up through Virgin but use Netflix on the box with my pre-existing account.

HI there, 

I cant remember if its said cancel or sign out but Ive clicked that and after went to Netflix and I could no longer log in and watch movies on Netflix so it must have been cancelled.

I now went to sign to Neflix via Netflix webside and all looks good. Before we had some funny email attached to our account and this was mentioned by oither members on this topic.

I searched the internet to find an answer and found some clues that I have followed to cancle that membership via Virgin.

Qax648
On our wavelength

As if by magic - this month's bill has no Netflix on it!

That is great news......I have revisited my idea to seek a full or partial refund and posted 2 handwritten letters to addresses on the letterheads, from Virgin Media, one in Swansea, and one in Hampshire. this as a response to the Make a Complaint section which has also disappeared? I also googled an article on VM: how to make customer services listen to your complaint and have the CEO chief executive email address courtesy of the telegraph.co.uk if needed. My parents had a series of successes in the 1970's using this method!