cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Netflix on Virgin

Cymraes68
Joining in

Hi.  I had a Netflix account but somehow I now have a Netflix account with Virgin, so paying twice.  When I tried to cancel the Virgin one I was told to talk to Netflix.  When I talk to Netflix they only have my original account on record and not the Virgin one so are unable to cancel it.  When I log into Netflix, I can only see my original account.  Last night I spoke to Virgin and Netflix twice each and still have not been able to cancel as both are saying it is down to the other.  Can anyone help?

100 REPLIES 100

OK Netflix found the other account their side, and have deleted it. However I will still be charged for May as it is prepaid.

I now need to get a refund from Virgin Media for 3 months of additional unautherized billing on my account.

I will let you know how that goes 😞

Qax648
On our wavelength

Good luck!

I haven't tried calling them myself - I'll give that a go at some point soon where I have a few hours to kill...

BP262
Joining in

I have EXACTLY the same problem as you. No one can/will help. I was paying twice a month.  Only record with Netflix is account I cancelled (my original account) Virgin says call Netflix, Netflix says I can’t have 2 accounts on same email but I did. It’s impossible to cancel Netflix with virgin now I can only watch Netflix in rooms with TiVo box. Why would I want to cancel other account I can watch anywhere & keep account limited to rooms with box. Does ANYONE know what we can do??

Netflix managed to find my other invalid virgin created account and delete it.
They were quite responsive on the online help chat.

I’ve just had a live chat with Netflix. They’re saying they’ve sorted it & I’ve cancelled virgin media Netflix account after next bill. I’ve tried 3 times over the phone & they couldn’t help so we’ll see 

Yes I know. Now to get a refund. I may try a call this afternoon, I will let you all know.
I least that should have stopped the duplicate charges.

COME ON VIRGIN SORT IT OUT!

I work in IT I know what is going on, you have a bug in your integration and the Tivo Netflix App.

Yes I agree It’s the app..I believe the app could be causing the issue, I mentioned this in a post further back. I believe if you’ve taken Netflix out separate from Virgin Media and then view Netflix via the TiVo app method to watch Netflix then possibly the glitch in the app automatically signs you up. I view Netflix via the search menu...this is the way I always do it..except for once when I went via the app for some reason and I started to be charged for a standard contract £8.99 by Virgin. I already had a premium contract with Netflix. So the one time going in via the app that seemed to automatically authorise the additional bill. 

Qax648
On our wavelength

I have my doubts about that.

I don't think it's signing up, I think it's linking to someone else's account. At least in my case.

If I sign out of Netflix on my VM box, then fire up the Netflix app again, it signs in to someone else's account not mine. I am being billed for that as I'm sure they are too. Netflix were completely flummoxed when I told them that.

Yes I agree. It’s the virgin TV software that’s my issue. It creates a second Netflix account when I try and use Netflix channel via virgin. They send out a confirmation email when u then need to activate to set up your second Netflix account via virgin, but as I never actively sought to set up a second account - I didn’t even see the email. But virgin still charged for the second Netflix account for next 3 months. It took me 2 months to cancel it through virgin and then they said there was another 30 day cancellation period to get to. 

rip off merchants!

OK got through to someone just now who has sorted the problem, only 15 mins wait so not too bad.
I called using landline 150.
Canceled outstanding charge for this month, and refunded previous 2 months charges.

Give them a call maybe they have finally acknowledged that there is an issue.