cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Netflix on Virgin

Cymraes68
Joining in

Hi.  I had a Netflix account but somehow I now have a Netflix account with Virgin, so paying twice.  When I tried to cancel the Virgin one I was told to talk to Netflix.  When I talk to Netflix they only have my original account on record and not the Virgin one so are unable to cancel it.  When I log into Netflix, I can only see my original account.  Last night I spoke to Virgin and Netflix twice each and still have not been able to cancel as both are saying it is down to the other.  Can anyone help?

100 REPLIES 100

I would suggest anyone with this issue to change the password and if possible email address associated to their Netflix account. Sign out of Netflix through version, if you go back after playing anything on Netflix through Virgin it should take you to your profile. Then restart the Virgin TV box. This should ensure the Virgin system has no record of your Netflix details.

Then contact Virgin and demand the payment is stopped, also see if you can get in to Netflix via Virgin without entering the new details.

I believe my charge was refunded because it was less than 14 days since they say I "requested" it by signing in via the Virgin box. But this does prove Virgin can stop the charge.

I would be interested to know if you still then have access to Netflix via Virgin, but under someone else's account details.

If only I could contact Virgin and demand the billing is stopped - thereby solving the issue. Does anyone have a sense that VM are operating any customer services by phone? This is a cumulative problem for me and I imagine all of us have a slightly nuanced process but the net process is the same.....just want to make contact with VM and have a reasonable conversation or write to them with a summary? My billing is in the next few days...…!

You can get through on the phone, 150 is free on a Virgin line, but be prepared to wait.

I was on the queue for about 40 minutes.

Just left the phone on speaker whilst I did some work 

I think you’ll be wasting your time... probably end up with someone random who won’t be up to speed with all that’s going on unless you are able to refer them to this thread on the community. 

After a cumulative 10 hours plus waiting to be transferred using online chat facility, I think I'll give the phone a try tomorrow if I get time.

With the online chat I get through to someone usually quite quick who then transfers me and that's where it goes quiet for hours.

It's not like I sat there staring at the chat window, I just left it running while working. Someone did eventually come online today actually, which surprised me but all they did was ask a few questions then transfer me again resulting in silence until I gave up.

This is annoying but I totally get they must be inundated at the moment and probably on low staff numbers.

Mantelope
On our wavelength

The virgin Media Connect App is atrocious. Like you say you can get through to someone who asks you security questions, then passes you to another department, who 5 hours later ask the same questions...then.....then.....nothing.

I’ve waited 4 days for a reply before. They have removed the chat option from the option. Not sure if it’s because of corona or because they realise you’d get a better response asking your milkman. 

Qax648
On our wavelength
In the words of Basil Fawlty... "You might as well ask the cat!"

thank you for all the responses to my query about current customer services - the phrase Tantalus pops into my head - think I will try and preserve my mental health and keep this forum as a sane sanctuary, though still interested in the path of the complaint process? 

Dialling direct is the only way I hot a response, forum and online help seem to be defunct with the reduced workforce. 

Hi All,

I am having the same issue too, disgraceful!