cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Netflix on Virgin

Cymraes68
Joining in

Hi.  I had a Netflix account but somehow I now have a Netflix account with Virgin, so paying twice.  When I tried to cancel the Virgin one I was told to talk to Netflix.  When I talk to Netflix they only have my original account on record and not the Virgin one so are unable to cancel it.  When I log into Netflix, I can only see my original account.  Last night I spoke to Virgin and Netflix twice each and still have not been able to cancel as both are saying it is down to the other.  Can anyone help?

100 REPLIES 100

I cannot say who directly has done that Richard. We would only be able to advise that the account can only be made via either of those 2 options. 

For any further details concerning the account we would recommend speaking directly with Netflix as they may be able to provide further information concerning this. 

^Martin

I have Martin been in contact with Netflix  3 times. The last time we went through checks on my V6 box (2) both boxes check on my account email addresses were the same, which they were. They tell me it’s nothing to do with them. I have only one account with Netflix and that’s for a Premium contract cost £11.99 and have had for some years.

Nothing is making any sense both companies are blaming each other, or now it’s the customers fault. Where do I go from here. I can categorically tell you it’s not been initiated by me.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gandalf2 wrote:

....... I can categorically tell you it’s not been initiated by me.

You don't have a "tech savvy", rebellious, teenager in your house by any chance, do you?  🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

No I don’t have a “tech savvy teenager” they all left years ago.

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As the Netflix is via virgin it must be down to them to cancel it, if the email address is not yours and they won't do this then the only other way is to cancel the whole thing, that might get them to sit up and take notice, thinking of leaving us is the way I'd go

Or call it fraud and contact the authorities 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

If it's the case that you have signed into Netflix via the V6 box and select 'add Netflix to your Virgin Media bill' you agree that Virgin is entitled to bill you for a monthly Netflix subscription. 

From here, we don't have access to your Netflix account or any information specific to it, and therefore cannot advise much further. All we know is that it wouldn't be possible for your account to be set up any other way other than the alternatives advised.

Beth

Beth

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

And yet many people are claiming that this has happened 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Where have I said that I’ve added Netflix.. I said Netflix were trying to see if one of the V6 boxes had a different account and because boxes had the same email ( mine) which to Netflix verified that I hadn’t been taken over by someone else.

So let’s review this thread...I’ve had Netflix direct from them for several years paid directly to Netflix. I’ve not ticked any boxes or asked VM to add a standard Netflix when I am already paying for a PREMIUM contract for £11.99 why would I do that!!!

All this has just started January Bill 2020 paid in February.. so this month I’ve paid Netflix £11.99 and now you VM £8.99

I have no Tech Savvy children in the house who would be fiddling, nor have I. Why should I behaving all this grief for something I’ve not initiated. ☹️

I’ve now cancelled Netflix in the hope my billing issue will be resolved and I’m seriously thinking of cancelling Virgin Media. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you once again for coming back to us @Gandalf2.

Netflix billing can be set up on the set top box but also through your online account.

Sadly once this is set up we don't have access to what email address and Netflix account is linked to the Virgin Media bill, as the account was not set up via your set top box we would advise you change the password for your online account to something new, unique which hasn't been used anywhere before.

You would then need to contact Netflix in regards to the account and billing. If you would like any further information on this then please click here

Kind regards 

Zak_M