cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Netflix on Virgin

Cymraes68
Joining in

Hi.  I had a Netflix account but somehow I now have a Netflix account with Virgin, so paying twice.  When I tried to cancel the Virgin one I was told to talk to Netflix.  When I talk to Netflix they only have my original account on record and not the Virgin one so are unable to cancel it.  When I log into Netflix, I can only see my original account.  Last night I spoke to Virgin and Netflix twice each and still have not been able to cancel as both are saying it is down to the other.  Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi cancel the one you have with Netflix directly with them they are usually very good, and easier to deal with than virgin, for future reference always just deal direct with people like Netflix and Prime, and limit virgin to just there own services.Regards Micky

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

100 REPLIES 100

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi cancel the one you have with Netflix directly with them they are usually very good, and easier to deal with than virgin, for future reference always just deal direct with people like Netflix and Prime, and limit virgin to just there own services.Regards Micky

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Cymraes68

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch. 

You are welcome to cancel your subscription with Netflix to avoid being charged twice. To cancel please follow the below instructions - 

Sign in to Netflix.
Click on the downward arrow at the top right corner of the page, next to your profile name.
Select the ‘Account’ section.
Under ‘Membership and billing’ click the grey ‘cancel membership’ box.
Next click ‘Finish cancellation’ to confirm you want to cancel.

Thanks 

Nat

Gandalf2
Up to speed

I’m have the same issue...I’ve had Netflix for several years paid directly to Netflix on a monthly direct debit for premium contract... now VM have started to bill me for a standard contract so I’m now paying twice an additional £8.99 to VM on top of the £11.99 which is my contract with Netflix.I’ve spoken to VM 3 times and Netflix as well both blaming each other.

I have not agreed or signed any agreement or arrangement to have any money taken for by VM for Netflix so in theory they are taking money from me without my authority. 

In other words they are steeling money from me which I have not authorised. I am finding It not only frustrating but impossible to be able to have it resolved. Maybe someone in any authority can resolve it otherwise I will take further action.

Hi Gandalf2,

Thank you for your post. Have you been able to following the advice my colleague put on their previous post?

This should stop any further payments on that account. 

^Martin

I have a premium contract with Netflix I Don’t want to cancel with them, what I want is for Virgin to stop billing me for a standard Netflix contract. I’ve not initiated a Netflix contract with Virgin media they have no right to take money from me which has not been authorised. Why is it my problem to sort all this out...Virgin need to sort it.

You need to sign into the Netflix account that is attached to your Virgin Media account and cancel using the steps advised. 

This will cancel the account you don't want, not the one you already had. 

^Martin

Ok I understand, but will Virgin Media refund the £8.99 they have already taken from my latest DD on top of my current contract without my authority....as I’ve said I have a premium contract with Netflix. Virgin Media owe me £8.99. 
Cancelling as you’ve mentioned doesn’t resolve what Virgin have to refund me!

regards

Richard

The only way Netflix can be signed up through ourselves is through your online account or through your TV box. As these are the only ways it can be done we wouldn't refund any costs as this would have been done from the customer side. 

^Martin

No I haven’t signed into Virgin to add a Standard Netflix account when I already have a Premium account with Netflix for £11.99.... why wouldI do that?

Regards