Menu
Highlighted
lynda-vero
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancel my tv

I have just come of the phone with virgin to try and cancel my tv of my package.

i explain that my husband has had a stroke and that I am his full time carer and we can't work anymore and are on benefits and was finding it hard at the moment so can I lower my package their reply was I would have to pay a fee why I ask you are in a contract with us I told them I had been with them for 18 years he told me as I lowered my package in May that I was back in a contract with them I told them I do not want to leave just drop the TV until my  situation is better they said all they can do is give me a discount so my bill will be £2 cheaper what good is that I told them that I was leaving.i am trying to do the right thing by not putting myself in debt by asking for help but all virginmedi seems to want to do is put me in debt.

i am very  surprised that they have  loyal customers as there not very loyal to the customer.

one very unhappy customer 😞

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancel my tv

Sorry to hear of your troubles.  I cant help directly but can only suggest you try calling again on another day - you will get a different agent who may be more sympathetic.  Another option might be to drop into your local VM store and ask to discuss it with the manager - again s/he might be more helpful.  Or, see what a VM Staff member says on here - could be up to a week for that reply though.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you didn't already try it, choose the "Thinking of Leaving Us" option on the phone (during normal office hours) and you should get someone from the UK Retentions team that normally have more scope for the discounts/changes they can make than the offshore team do.

If you already tried that option then, as jbrennand said, maybe try again another day.

Keith

Superuser1718.png

0 Kudos
Anon
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you have received the recent notification of the price increase (in September) then you have until the end of this month to cancel penalty free regardless of your current circumstances.  Unfortunately, if you were notified in August of the price increase, then you needed to notify them by the end of September.  However, customer relations may be able to assist.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi lynda-vero

I appreciate you getting in touch with us and I'm sorry to hear you had these issues at the time of your first post.

I can see that this has been sorted with our teams since you posted which is good to see.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Take care.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos