Menu
domvj
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can I cancel sky movies online

5 months ago,and every month since,I've tried to cancel my sky movies subscription online via myvirginmedia. The website every time states no can do due to a fault. Totally unacceptable.  Very upset and grossly out of pocket. I 've simply wished/tried  to cancel my subscription since sept 2018

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I cancel sky movies online

Perhaps try calling

Cueball99
Rising star
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You can't cancel any part of your package online, the only way is to phone as jb66 has suggested.

If I was so desperate to cancel I would have got on the phone as soon as I realised I couldn't do it online.

jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you can upgrade online but not downgrade.

companies like you to phone in if wanting to downgrade. they then have more power/greater control in preventing you/offering you a better deal before downgrading. the way of the world.
0 Kudos
domvj
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

both times I've called have resulted in panic attacks due to their attitude to me. i have many times requested an email address to communicate with,with zero results. writing this now is causing my hands to cramp hence the poor typing due to I'm feeling stressed by pressure as i have too much to say.  I'm disgusted on behalf of anyone with disability who struggles like i do   I'm off for a lie down   regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi domvj, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community.

It is disappointing to hear you have been left feeling this way.

I can confirm that a change such as this cannot be completed online but our customer care team can process this with 30 days notice. Can you please expand on what happened when you have tried calling us?

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos
domvj
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sept 2018.Tried cancelling via website  4 days before renewal.Could not due to 'temporary site problem' . Then called 150,told too late so charged for extra month.No apology for site failure(I believe a deliberate planned misdirection to increase revenue as it's persisted for months,and now told cannot cancel via website anyway,making this a possible offence under trade descriptions Act). Hung up angrily

Oct & Nov 2018 ;site still not working. Customer services sticking to nothing they can do. I repeatedly ask for an Email address to write to as I'm finding the phone calls very distressing-falls on deaf ears I continue refusing to give 30 days notice as I feel this might absolve Virgins' fault in causing the situation.No settlement offered at all by Virgin

Dec2018;write to Virgin Media ;I've just received a reply ( 6 weeks later) . I'm posting this now(in case I get timed out etc) but ,dear Readers ,look forward to my next post( in response to the letter just received ) .  I feel it is so incredibly DUMB what I've been told,that I'm going to call it "VIRGIN ON THE RIDICULOUS"    Trust me,it's a classic   

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi domvj, thanks for your post. 

Sorry for any problems cancelling your Sky Cinema subscription. I understand you've already been in touch to raise a complaint regarding all of this - I'm sorry it's come to that, but confident the teams will do all they can to come to a suitable resolution.

If you still need some support with this I'll pop you a PM so we can go through a security check & see what can be done to help. 

Cheers.

Tom_F

0 Kudos
domvj
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Nov 9 2018. Rang Customer services giving notice to cancel Sky Movies,only to be told ...THEY COULD NOT CANCEL (  My sky movies  )BECAUSE MY SET TOP BOXES NEEDED UPGRADING.  Almost lost for words I asked them if I'd heard them correctly...they said yes I had ,adding they needed to send an Engineer . I said an Engineer was already coming the next day to fix a line fault and they agreed to amend his work detail to include the necessary box upgrade

Nov 10 2018. Engineer agreed with me that their request seemed non-sensical ,but couldn't do anything anyway because his work detail hadn't been changed  since he was booked a week previous .

Feb 7 2019. Letter from Virgin states "(to remove Sky Cinema)we need to upgrade your current set top boxes"

VIRGIN ARE VERGING BEYOND BEING RIDICULOUS

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi domvj,

Again our apologies for the issues you've been having with your account over the last few months. 

I would love to look into this for you and see what we can do. I have sent you another PM so we can discuss this further. 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos