Menu
SteveButler
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cable My Street

Hello, Is there any news on Virgin Media coming to Godalming, Surrey, GU7 2LL Area?

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable My Street

Unfortunately this is not something that the VM staff on here can answer.  All they will tell you to do is register your interest here:

http://www.virginmedia.com/cablemystreet

Although I'm guessing form the title of your post you may have already done this.  If enough people in your local area show interest that it is commercially viable to expand into your area then VM will, but are unlikely to announce it publicly until the work starts as expansion plans are probably classed as commercially sensitive information.

All you can do is encourage your neighbours to register an interest and cross your fingers.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable My Street

The closest VM network is in Guildford which is some distance away. I think that there is no chance of getting service in areas around Godalming.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos