Menu
Dangillion
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bt sport

Been having issues with bt sport hd channels 528 and 529 with bad pixelation, i rang technical help who were no use at all and told me it's a fault with bt and not virgin, I'm not convinced with there response 

Has anyone experienced this on these channels as I'm contemplating going back to sky if it carries on 

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bt sport

The most obvious answer to any CS agent who tells you that, is to point out how you are a VM customer and *you* don't particularly care whose fault the problem is, but it's upto *them* to resolve it.

However... I get that the offshore CS may be a little awkward to deal with... this is primarily a customer-forum with Virgin staff popping in if their help is needed. So you've basically got a choice of persisting with telephone-CS or waiting for forum-CS to come along.

In the meantime... BT Sport 2 shares a cable frequency with Sky News HD, and BT Sport 3 shares with Sky Sports News HD & NatGeo Wild HD - depending what package you're on, this could 1) Be a good answer to the nonsense that CS said, and more importantly, 2) Help diagnose if it's a box fault, signal fault or something else.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Dangillion.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having pixelation on channels 528 and 529 and with the customer experience. Certainly not the kind of service we want you to get.

Were you able to watch this channel clearly since your post? If not, have you tried to powercycle your TV box? You've mentioned that this is only happening with channels 528 and 529, if you are not experiencing this to other channels this indicates an error with the broadcaster.

Please keep us posted.

Anna_B

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not when other customers are not having a problem with these channels.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Dangillion
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi i had an engineer come out and sorted it, he was very helpful and knew what the problem was straight away , I'd moved the tv to another area of the room and used an inferior f type cable so the engineer spotted this straight away and replaced the cable 

Overall very happy with the engineers visit 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dangillion,

Thank you for coming back to us Via our community. 

I am really glad we were able to get your issue resolved, and thank you for your great feedback, it is great to hear when we get it right.

Don,t hesitate to Let us know if you need any further help in the future.

Many thanks.

Paul.

0 Kudos
scottuk1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

BT sport HD 2 and 3 pixellation constantly.

Hi

Having issues with mainly BT Sport HD2 and BT Sport HD 3 also sky news HD pixelated constantly.

BT Sport HD1 is always fine,just the other channels.

Please help.

0 Kudos