Menu
Highlighted
bc1968
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband dropping out

Since the end of August our Broadband has been dropping out... once, sometimes twice a day for long periods of a few hours or more.

(Ref: ********* - Area 22)

Equipment is fine, and there seems to be no connection problems...can't get anybody on the phone to address the issue. Like many people this is frustrating. We pay for a service that is not being provided...and I see the cost is rising in a few weeks.

If somebody could give any advice it would be most welcome.

Many Thanks.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband dropping out

Can you add a bit more detail.  As you posted this in the TV forum - are there any TV problems to report?  What Hub model do you have? What BB package is it? What devices are dropping out?  Do they only drop out on the wifi or do devices connected by ethernet cable also drop out?  Hve you called in a fault - what did they say ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
bc1968
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Sorry, wrong board....however..

The hub is 3.0 / BK bundle /vivid 200 optical / Tivo 500gb.

All devices drop out. Initally we were notified of work being carried out about 3 weeks ago and thought the disruption was because of that.

There is 'no fault' reported in our area at this time. I would like to report a fault to Virgin, ...all i get is 'the lines are busy'  morning and evening....that has been the norm on the phone for about 4 days. Overall problem about 3 weeks.

Any tips would be appreciated...

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@bc1968 wrote:

Hi

Sorry, wrong board....however..

The hub is 3.0 / BK bundle /vivid 200 optical / Tivo 500gb.

All devices drop out. Initally we were notified of work being carried out about 3 weeks ago and thought the disruption was because of that.

There is 'no fault' reported in our area at this time. I would like to report a fault to Virgin, ...all i get is 'the lines are busy'  morning and evening....that has been the norm on the phone for about 4 days. Overall problem about 3 weeks.

Any tips would be appreciated...

Area faults are only posted when they affect 1000's of users in an Area.  If you have a "local" or "personal" fault then it wont be posted up.  Only way to get that info is to either call it in and ask or wait for up to a week on here when a VM staff person will check your connection.  The call centre do take up to an hour to answer the phones though so it is a wait.  One problem with calling is that if the onphone test is done when you are "active" - it is all normal and they wont do anything other than spend ages reading out reboot protocols - however they should at least be able to tell you whether there is a known fault being worked on.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
bc1968
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, appreciate the feedback.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi bc1968,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with your broadband service dropping out.

I have located your account using your Forum details and I can see that there is a know fault in the area for SNR. This means there is noise on the line and the engineers are working to resolve this for our customers. The reference for this ticket is F006558625 and the current review date for these works is 27th September 2018.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Take care,
Louise
Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
bc1968
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Louise

0 Kudos