Menu
grice89
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BT Sport Extra

Hi folks,

I am trying to watch the Valencia game which kicked off at 6pm, and is on BT Sport Extra 2.

I've tried pressing the red button on BT Sport 1, 2 and Europe but it just says no upcoming events.

Can anyone help???
0 Kudos
japitts
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Sport Extra

If it's any consolation, I'm getting the same result here on all 3 BT Sport channels

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi grice89 and japitts,

Apologies that you were experiencing problems viewing the BT Sport channels and for the delay in getting back to you.

Are you still having the same issue?

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
Nasscotic
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I m still having the same problem .Tried to watch the lyon europa league game last week and miss both legs cause red button was completely useless.
0 Kudos
japitts
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

An old thread but it seems relevant..

This afternoon BT Sport are showing 3 live Premiership rugby games - one on broadcast channel and 2 on red-button Extra 1 & 2. Except only the Extra 1 match is working, there's no menu to select Extra 2. Plenty of comments on Twitter suggesting this is a common problem, although I'm sure I've seen the Extra menu working when I've played with it on Euro football nights.

The first time I've wanted to use the Extra 2 stream in anger and it goes wrong... I'd rather the Bath game was on a broadcast channel for HD/recording ability but Mr Snowman (and a crowded BT Sport schedule) saw to that this week. Ho hum.

Dickie_d
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here - watching Exeter vs saracens and red button only takes me to extra 1 but can’t work out how to get to sport extra 2 for the Quins bath game. Please let me know if anyone else has worked it out!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BT Sports have a fibre feed direct to Virgin. It is their decision as to what they provide us with under their wholesale agreement. I have seen Sky Sports Red Button streams excluded from Virgin customers before, so its not unusual.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

japitts
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying @nodrogd - someone on the Bath Supporters group has elicited a response from VM on Twitter confirming that they have the rights and it's being treated as a fault. Or words to the effect of.

I don't hold out much hope of it being resolved in enough time to be any use, but it's half the battle - it also goes to show why red-button streams are always a second choice behind using broadcast TV channels.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@japittswrote:

I don't hold out much hope of it being resolved in enough time to be any use, but it's half the battle - it also goes to show why red-button streams are always a second choice behind using broadcast TV channels.

Red Button streams don't require an EPG slot.

EPG slots (temporary or otherwise) cost money.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
japitts
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Oh aye, I get that - it's just unfortunate that these weather postponements meant BT's schedules were crowded this afternoon and red button was the only option available. I'm sure if BT2 or 3 had been available, they'd have been used.

Not sure how things work with ESPN, but that's getting OT.

0 Kudos