cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport 2 and 3 not working

-Paul-
Joining in

Hi

I am unable to get BT sport 2 and 3, also some other channels, I have reset my Tivo box a few times but this doesn't fix it, can anyone help.

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you getting any error messages from these channels, I could hazard a guess but rather you mention them 🙂

Also when you say "a few other channels", can you be specific?

Chances are this could be a signal issue affecting particular frequencies, and the channels you name could be all the ones common to particular frequencies.

The standard advice is to, firstly check there's no reported area faults that could cause this - 0800 5610061 is your friend. If not, then TV faults - 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 otherwise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I had an error message yesterday which was W02 but now its just a fuzzy picture from a different channel.

Its on channel ITV be HD and sky news channel, that I know of at the minute, its been going on a week or so now and not got any better.

I did try and phone 150 yesterday but due to Covid no one is available to talk to, it gives me the same options everytime (reset box).

A little frustrating at times.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok... One broadcast channel carries: Sky Sports PL HD, ITV-BE HD, Sky News HD, BT Sport 2 HD, Nickelodeon HD, MTV HD & Sky Nature HD - so you've all but confirmed a signal issue 🙂

Once there is a fault (wherever it is) affecting that particular frequency, it tends not to go away until it's resolved. Whether it's your box or the cabling somewhere, is speculation without VM investigating.

VM faults are open & available, but have a few issues at the moment and this does occasionally mean the "call centres are closed" message pops up. Sometimes you can get an automated diagnostic check that will try to resolve your issues remotely. This can be a blessing and a curse - it can sometimes diagnose sufficiently to book an engineer or box replacement for you, other times it can refuse to put you in the queue until you callback after its fix fails.

VM staff work through posts on here, but it's currently taking around a week. Personally - keep calling 150, and be patient until you get through. No amount of resets will solve this, it either needs an engineer or replacement box...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the info

They did do an automated check and this apparently came back all OK.

If I phone 150 and go through various options they end up cutting me off after the automated options, not good really.

I will try ringing back again today and tomorrow to see if I can get any answers.

Thanks for your help.

Hi -Paul-, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I've tried to look into this for you but I've been unable to locate your account. 

Are you still having issues now? 

Please let us know, we're here if you need us. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi Emma

I'm all fixed now, an engineer came out and repaired the wiring to the house.

Thanks 

Awesome, thanks for letting us know 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team