Menu
GarethF
Rising star
Message 31 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC2 HD Changed channel number

You don’t want SD and don’t want streams. You can set to Recordings only, HD if possible and channels All. 

Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 32 of 56
Flag for a moderator

@GarethF wrote:

Set them to All Channels. It’s really not difficult. 

I've done that, so now getting loads of old episodes of Mock the Week recorded from Dave as they're flagged as new, not the end of the world but will be an annoyance until the next series starts and I can switch the series link back to just BBC2 HD.

0 Kudos
japitts
Knows their stuff
Message 33 of 56
Flag for a moderator

@Tavis75 wrote:

@GarethF wrote:

I've done that, so now getting loads of old episodes of Mock the Week recorded from Dave as they're flagged as new, not the end of the world but will be an annoyance until the next series starts and I can switch the series link back to just BBC2 HD.

Something's wrong there Tavis. I've just checked a few episodes of Mock the Week on Dave and they've got old "first aired" dates, so as long as your series links are set to "new only" then these should not be being recorded. Have you got any specific examples of episodes where you think this is going wrong?

0 Kudos
sneezy24
On our wavelength
Message 34 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Not good enough Virgin.

I rarely go to the 'Home' screen on my TiVo, I know where I want to go, so go straight there.

This should have been covered by an EMail, with a CLEAR title. You send enough out to advertise, so this should have been done.

The mail should have given CLEAR instructions on what to do to change Series links.

Fortunately, I was home when this farce occurred, but if I had been away, I could then have changed the recording settings if I had received an EMail.

Really poor Virgin, I realise that things DO change, but you need to COMMUNICATE!!!!!

VM001
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Exactly this.  I usually get at least one brochure in the post every month trying to entice me to update my phone and network to Virgin.  I get emails from them telling me what a fantastic service they provide and the email even tells me how much data I have used, how much I have saved on phone calls etc., so how difficult would it have been to send a blanket email to everyone to inform them of this (to customers) very important change?

Of course, if I had bought a new phone as a result of their extravagant marketing, they would have benefited.  An email informing me of channel changes would only benefit me, the customer.  They already have my subscription, thank you very much.

Still, what do you expect from a greedy American company where the only thing that matters is the bottom line - profit.  

0 Kudos
tonyworks
Superfast
Message 36 of 56
Flag for a moderator

@sneezy24 wrote:

Not good enough Virgin.

I rarely go to the 'Home' screen on my TiVo, I know where I want to go, so go straight there.

This should have been covered by an EMail, with a CLEAR title. You send enough out to advertise, so this should have been done.

The mail should have given CLEAR instructions on what to do to change Series links.

Fortunately, I was home when this farce occurred, but if I had been away, I could then have changed the recording settings if I had received an EMail.

Really poor Virgin, I realise that things DO change, but you need to COMMUNICATE!!!!!

COMMUNICATE!! 

VM is supposed to be a communications company. They do not communicate at all, just you try to find an email for them or  contact customer services for any advice or help. It just does not exist 

One problem now is I run out of space on the v6 so I would have preferred to stick with sd for more recording space.

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 37 of 56
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

@Tavis75 wrote:

@GarethF wrote:

Something's wrong there Tavis. I've just checked a few episodes of Mock the Week on Dave and they've got old "first aired" dates, so as long as your series links are set to "new only" then these should not be being recorded. Have you got any specific examples of episodes where you think this is going wrong?

Just checked my Series Link settings and found the problem, "Start From" was set as "New Series Only", but "Record" was set to "New and Repeats" (and greyed out), I switched "Start From" to a specific series, which enabled the "Record" setting so I could switch it to "New Only" and that seems to have fixed it!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 38 of 56
Flag for a moderator

More changes in the pipeline for 10th December:

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/channel-number-changes.html

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
JamesBarnaby1
Tuning in
Message 39 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Now I'm confused. This one says "does not affect your serieslink+" settings. Whereas, the BBC2 HD one definitely did affect them with us all having to reset every BBC2 HD scheduled recording.

So, do we have to change every scheduled recording for these channels or not. If not and serieslink is going to sort itself out this time, then why didn't it last time? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 40 of 56
Flag for a moderator

@JamesBarnaby1 wrote:

Now I'm confused. This one says "does not affect your serieslink+" settings. Whereas, the BBC2 HD one definitely did affect them with us all having to reset every BBC2 HD scheduled recording.

So, do we have to change every scheduled recording for these channels or not. If not and serieslink is going to sort itself out this time, then why didn't it last time? 

BBC yes, because there were new versions of BBC One and Two added as part of the changes, and some customers had versions removed.

UKTV no, because it's just the existing channels moving numbers. No channels are being created or removed.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos