Menu
wibble59
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC2 HD Changed channel number

I don't recall seeing any emails or other notification about this.

The first I knew was that 162 had just vanished.

Maybe Virgin could pretend that we're paying customers next time and let people know in advance?

0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 12 of 56
Flag for a moderator

It was on the Doscovery Bar from at least Thursday night. I saw it along with notification about the same for BT Sport 

praxis
Fibre optic
Message 13 of 56
Flag for a moderator

@wibble59 wrote:

I don't recall seeing any emails or other notification about this.

The first I knew was that 162 had just vanished.

Maybe Virgin could pretend that we're paying customers next time and let people know in advance?

Virgin are under no obligation to email you about channel changes ( no provider is ) as the other post stated it was on top of page if you went in through the home button since early last week.

elljay23
Tuning in
Message 14 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Just noticed the change as the shows I was expecting to be recorded on BBC2 haven't recorded!! "Recording Hiccups" says the programmes were "No longer in the guide".  Looking at "Manage Series Link" all the shows on BBC2 are showing as on channel 162 and with no upcoming episodes!  Do I need to go through them all and change them to channel 102?  I'm sure I haven't had to do that for channel renumberings in the past...

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Wise owl
Message 15 of 56
Flag for a moderator

I had to do that.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
elljay23
Tuning in
Message 16 of 56
Flag for a moderator

That doesn't sound right!

Phoned 150; it ran some tests then cut me off!

Back on 150 and "we're very busy - you may have to wait 15 minutes"...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 17 of 56
Flag for a moderator

@elljay23 wrote:

Just noticed the change as the shows I was expecting to be recorded on BBC2 haven't recorded!! "Recording Hiccups" says the programmes were "No longer in the guide".  Looking at "Manage Series Link" all the shows on BBC2 are showing as on channel 162 and with no upcoming episodes!  Do I need to go through them all and change them to channel 102?  I'm sure I haven't had to do that for channel renumberings in the past...

You shouldn’t have to. The series links should update. All my series links from channel 108 correctly moved to 101.

I would try a manual network connection followed by a manual re-schedule of your planned recordings. You can do the latter by going into your series links (Home, followed by 1) then swapping your first two series links.

0 Kudos
elljay23
Tuning in
Message 18 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll try that in a sec, but my issue is with BBC2 - it was on 162, now it's on 102, but all the series links are still on 162 with no upcoming episodes.

BBC1EngHD is still showing as 108 here. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Knows their stuff
Message 19 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Series links from 102 should have moved to 86x flawlessly, mine certainly did. Anything set for 162 would have stopped working until you either change them to all-channels as suggested by others, or waited until the change was complete, and manually change them to 102.

I can imagine manual recordings set on 162 before the change, but for programs broadcast after, may have got lost.

0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 20 of 56
Flag for a moderator

I suspect Virgin had to split the existing into 4 new regions for the HD - Wales HD, NI HD and then 2 versions of the new National HD - 1 for 102 in England and 1 for 162 in Scotland so that is likely why series links on 162 have stopped.

0 Kudos