Menu
Highlighted
Madcow
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BBC iplayer - something went wrong

Been trying to watch a number of programmes on the iplayer and all I get is a message saying, “Something went wrong playing this programme”. Anyone have any ideas how to fix it? I have the newest hub and TiVo box.  Thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iplayer - something went wrong

HI Madcow

I'm very sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your iPlayer application recently. 

I've taken a look at this from our end and we're not detecting any errors, if you're still experiencing issues are you able to access any On Demand or Catch Up content? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Madcow
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can access on demand content from other channels such as ITV player, All 4 and Channel 5 but still BBC iplayer shows the same error message whatever I try to watch.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me about this Madcow

Does this happen every time you try to watch content from iPlayer or just some of the time? If it's the latter, are you noticing this issue occurring at certain times of the day? 

If you've got more than one set top box at home, are you seeing this issue on just one? 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Madcow
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Happens every time unfortunately. We only have one box so can’t tell if it’s box related.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris

Thanks for the fast response, I'd like to take a closer look at this and get it escalated if we can't get this sorted soon. 

So I can do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos