Menu
wallaci
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

At my wits end!

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Virgin? Been trying for weeks to get a situation sorted - had telephone, broadband and TV with VM and want to downgrade to TV only. Gave months notice, which expired Monday. They've taken a full months payment (which was extortionate for what we get, hence the downgrade), and one of the customer services guys was due to phone me Tuesday to sort out the situation and set up the package we had agreed would be the right one for us. Needless to say he never called, as per all the other agreed calls. I have called so many times, been on hold for so long its not even funny, to then have calls dropped, or going off to "talk to manager" and never coming back. Trying the 0345 454111 number that is listed on the website to call, but thats a dead number. Why is their customer service so downright appalling and shameful?  At a complete loss as to what to do or how to get access to someone who can sort this. Can anyonw help on this?

0 Kudos
praxis
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: At my wits end!

@wallaci wrote:

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Virgin? Been trying for weeks to get a situation sorted - had telephone, broadband and TV with VM and want to downgrade to TV only. Gave months notice, which expired Monday. They've taken a full months payment (which was extortionate for what we get, hence the downgrade), and one of the customer services guys was due to phone me Tuesday to sort out the situation and set up the package we had agreed would be the right one for us. Needless to say he never called, as per all the other agreed calls. I have called so many times, been on hold for so long its not even funny, to then have calls dropped, or going off to "talk to manager" and never coming back. Trying the 0345 454111 number that is listed on the website to call, but thats a dead number. Why is their customer service so downright appalling and shameful?  At a complete loss as to what to do or how to get access to someone who can sort this. Can anyonw help on this?

Not sure where you live so check using google and see if there is a VM store near you ? Failing that if you still have VM landline or can access one call 150 and choose options 1 1 4 5 thinking of leaving if you can call as early in the morning as possible (they open at 8 ) explain your situation they should be able to help remember to take note of the call centre persons name.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Wise owl
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its - 0345 454 1111 - and it isnt dead - it does take some time to get through though.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Not sure why you are saying 0345 454 1111 is a dead number I just rang it's connecting with Virgin OK,  I know it's frustrating but you do need to be tenacious if you want anything done, as for any big outfit calling back it's like saying the cheques in the post. Regards Micky 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps the extra 1 makes all the difference? 4 1s, instead of 3, as per the OP’s post.

0 Kudos
wallaci
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Finally got through and sorted it out. Only took three weeks.
0 Kudos