cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrow pointing into a box

Byrnie
Joining in

My tv is stuck on the welcome page and sometimes comes up with an arrow pointing downwards 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which TV box do you have? If you're not sure, check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This sounds like a software update has, to be technical, gone wrong.

The V6 has no inbuilt internet connection but uses a wired/wireless connection via your homehub - is this present & correct?

You could try powering the box down at the mains for perhaps 10minutes to break the cycle and retry, but you're likely going to have to call VM Faults to report this. 150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which TV box do you have? If you're not sure, check here 

I have a V6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This sounds like a software update has, to be technical, gone wrong.

The V6 has no inbuilt internet connection but uses a wired/wireless connection via your homehub - is this present & correct?

You could try powering the box down at the mains for perhaps 10minutes to break the cycle and retry, but you're likely going to have to call VM Faults to report this. 150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.