Menu
ScottAll
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Appalling Customer Service

Well I signed up for another month contract and changed my direct debit to the 1st of the month. When changing I was assured that no payment would be required in January and my new direct debits will now be £47 as I signed up and paid for the line rental saver. Low and behold Virgin media have helped themselves to £75.18 from my bank account today. 

I called customer service and waited 15 minutes for them to answer. Then had to try and explain my case for another 15 minutes to a foreign girl who just kept repeating herself and would not listen to my circumstances at all. I was on hold for a further 25 minutes to speak to her manager who then answered to tell me he was on another call and promised to call me back between 8:40 - 8:45. Still waiting on the return phone call. So 3 hours of my time wasted as well as the money removed from my account. 

How do I explain I can’t pay my council tax or will be overdrawn on Monday when they try to take my payment? Virgin saying my account is £50 in credit but refusing to refund me for the money they fraudulently removed from my account. 

I would not recommend Virgin Media to anyone. Beware!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalling Customer Service

If you move your Direct Debit date, I would expect the first bill to be for more than one month, given the time period between bills would be more than a month. You have to pay for all the service you use.

ScottAll
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Really.... I would expect that if I called on 27 December and told my next payment will not be until 1st of February that that’s when they would take money from my account. Not just help themselves to a higher amount on a date not agreed.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ScottAll, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Usually, when a direct debit is changed, the next one will come out as planned and then the billing cycle changes. It does mean the first direct debit to come out on the new date could be either higher or lower than the agreed amount as it depends on whether the new billing cycle is shorter or longer. 

You can get a refund from your bank under the Direct Debit Guarantee. Give them a call and they'll replace the full amount the same day. 

Once this is done, your direct debit with us will cancel so just wait until your next bill is generated and then call us to pay by a credit or debit card. Once the balance is back at 0 we can then re-setup the Direct debit on the date you want Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos