cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All 4

MinnaMurdoch
Joining in

Why is the all 4 app not working anymore?

104 REPLIES 104

Yeah... I would bet a months subscription that this is a really trivial little bug. The reality is that these chumps don't appear to have much of a clue. Do we even know if they know what the issue actually is ? 🤔

I haven't called support personally yet as I know that's another few hours of pointless phone hanging round.. to speak to someone who is even less clued up than me on the issue. And I know almost nothing about it.

Wells62
On our wavelength

Takes too long to speak to anybody

also I have 2 boxes one has the app the other doesn’t so I think it might be a fault with the box 

would I thought they would replace a box and see if the fault goes 

Chardy51
Tuning in

Re All4 App Black Screen

Report No. F008403264 Fix estimate repeatedly put back daily. Now estimated 12/10/20

When will i recieve a REFUND for unavailable service, and unacceptable fix delay? 

Could be a fault but it is almost certainly some daft wee corruption in a config file somewhere on the system. I reckon a full factory reset would fix it , but I have too many other recordings, so I do not want to do that. Here's another idea Virgin.🤔 Provide some sort of online backup facility where you can temporarily store your recordings/wishlists to allow a full factory reset. You know, using that 21st century cloud thingy.

If I could really be bothered, I would take the disk out, connect it up to another computer and search about till I found something i.e. do what the Virgin tech guys don't appear capable of doing.🙄  However, that (a) is probably going to infringe on some clause in a contract somehere and (b) I've got other things to do. Like trying to decide what to spend the £3 All4 subscription on instead. Actually if this continues for another 12 months, I will have saved up enough to buy an Amazon Firestick and watch all4 through that. 😋

Today’s the day!!!!!!!! Not hopeful but......

Just had status update email it's another date change its now the 20th October!!! 

OMG... what can we do ?? Can someone out there help ? How do we escalate this ? They can’t get away with this anymore can they ???

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Chardy51

Welcome back to our Community - we are sorry that you're impacting by the known issue with the All4 app currently. This is still open with an estimated fix date of 20th October. 

Channel4 are investigating the issue with their App and are working to get things sorted for those impacted as soon as possible. No credits will be offered for this as it is a free added extra service that is not charged. 

Thanks for your patience whilst this is investigated and fixed. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Glock
Joining in

All4 has stopped working on my tivo box,  just a blank screen when clicking on the app,  what's happening 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, please check here 

All-4 has never been available on the TiVo.. If you're using a V6, are you watching on a 4K UHD TV by any chance? What's the make & model if so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks