cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All 4

MinnaMurdoch
Joining in

Why is the all 4 app not working anymore?

104 REPLIES 104

Thanks,

It's a  V6, tv is a Panasonic TX L26X10B. All4 was working fine until a week ago then just stopped 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Glock 

As I suspected - I've merged your thread with an existing one discussing the same issue.

A recent V6 code drop now enforces HDCP 2.2 compatibility on all your equipment when you're watching VOD and using certain apps in 2160p on a 4k UHD TV. You might resolve this by swapping your HDMI cable between different sockets on your TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

tried changing HDMI sockets, no go. Looking at the amount of other complaints I guess I'll just have to wait along with everyone else, what a pain. Doubt we'll get a refund!

Thanks anyway.

And now my Amazon prime app no longer works .. what is happening??

There’s a workaround for people who, like me, had been watching a series through the app: You can still find the programmes through Search. You just don’t have the benefit of the app organising where you were with everything, and you have to navigate to the series and episode that you want every time.

That might justify VM’s refusal to pay any compensation. We might though be due something for the poor service answering the fault reporting phone line (and being too busy because there are faults to fix Is of course a ridiculous excuse for a fault reporting line), or for the repeatedly, knowingly inaccurate claims as to when it might be fixed. Top Tip: If you tell someone it’ll be fixed in 24 hours and you’re lying, they’ll rumble you in 24 hours.
No wonder the phone line is busy: Just be honest and say  it’s going to take a month, and people won’t phone back to complain again until then.

Wells62
On our wavelength

They do not really care 

making the statement they have about refunds etc

instead of a honest answer

any guesses on the next fix date 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The honest answer is that this is a third party app & is Channel 4s responsibility. Until Channel 4 fixes it (the same as issues with the Radioline app) we will have to wait. If the app went wrong on your Samsung phone I dare say Samsung would not give you a refund for it not working,. If you get one from Virgin think yourself lucky as it is a free app.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Wells62
On our wavelength

Just want it to work

at the moment I have to go upstairs and watch it on the other box 

asked the question why does it work on one and not the other

options

answer the question 

say do not know

I have just checked and mine is back 

It's back hurrah 😁