Menu
Highlighted
Welshysyork
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Add more channels?

I just went live yesterday. I’ve got what I would class as a middle tv package but was a bit disappointed to find only 2 children’s channels included. How do I add moee? Can I just add more children’s channels like. Bolt on? Or would it mean me upgrading my whole tv package? And how would I verify I’m getting the best value for money doing it that way? For example if it would be £10 to add children’s channels but only £11 to upgrade the whole tv package and get all the children’s cahnels and more. Doubt I’ve explained well, hope someone gets me? Many thanks 

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Add more channels?

The only way you will get an answer to that question is to call 150 from your VM landline choose options 1 1 4 5 that will get you through to retentions they will tell what will give you best value.The site mods on here will not answer your question on here they will simply refer you to retentions.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Looking at the channel list here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide

It shows at least 5 kids channels on even the lowest TV package so not sure why you only have 2.  However if you want access to all kids channels this is now a "Personal Pick" add on at £5 a month I believe.  In the past the kids channels were included in the top TV packages but not anymore.

"A dedicated Kids Pick is also available on Player and Full House packages and will keep Virgin Media’s youngest viewers entertained for just £5 per month. This includes 11 channels, such as Disney XD, Nickelodeon and the Cartoon Network, as well as many episodes available via catch-up and box sets."

The quote above is from here:
https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-brings-it-all-togethe...

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Welshysyork
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I definitely only have cbbc and CBeebies, but I thank you for the reply I’ll try find out what the other 3 are and why I don’t have them and will look into the £5 to add them all option. Again really appreciate you helping me out

0 Kudos
Welshysyork
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah ok thanks for letting me know I didn’t know that 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Welshysyork wrote:

Yes I definitely only have cbbc and CBeebies, but I thank you for the reply I’ll try find out what the other 3 are and why I don’t have them and will look into the £5 to add them all option. Again really appreciate you helping me out

The other three (as listed on the guide I linked to in my previous post) are:

734 - CITV
736 - Pop
737 - Tiny Pop

I don't have the Kids add on but I can access those three channels listed above and I have the Maxit TV package.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos