cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

youtube videos and tivo stuttering

alovella
Dialled in

for the past 3 weeks now when watching for eaxample youtube videos. all the videos watched now keep stuttering & or freezing for seconds at a time. also same issue with  trying to watch tv and or recorded tv through tivo box. all tests carried out show ok and & everything has been restarted. same thing. tis must be virgin's end and getting very annoying.

28 REPLIES 28

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A few things...

Are the devices connected to the Hub by wifi or on ethernet cables?

Do you mean an actual VM Tivo box or is it the smaller V6 or 360 box (powered by TiVo)?

Finally have you checked for known VM issues?

Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yes, the VM box and all on ethernet cables. Service status shows no problems & the test I did showed nothing untoward either.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You still havent said... is the VM box a Tivo or a V6? See below.

it matters because the Tivo gets all its online content through an inbuilt modem and through its own Co-ax connection. 

The V6 doesnt.  It getss it from the Hub's internet connection - either on wifi or an ethernet cable connection.

So different places to look for any faults/issues

Tivo_V6 photo.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Sorry, it's the V6 and it's on ethernet

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I will move this into the V6 forum where you should get better input

Do you get the same issues watching Youtube on any other device connected to the Hub on ethernet or wifi?

--------------------
John
--------------------

Thank you

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I concur with the questions so far... at the core of fixing this will be identifying whether it's your V6's internet connection - so it will be useful to know whether all the internet-based functions are similarly affected.

Does OnDemand play OK? How about various streaming apps?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi alovella,

Going back to your first post if it's happening with live TV and recordings then I would assume you have a faulty box or a signal level problem. Do you have the problem's with recordings made before you noticed the problems with new recordings and live TV stuttering. 

YouTube problems would indicate a problem with the internet connection if everything else was working and it was only streaming services effected but then all streaming services should be effected. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Roy makes a good point, while my previous post stands for YouTube and such like, live & recorded TV is handled differently and would suggest a different issue.

Perhaps you can clarify what issues you are having.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks