Menu
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 21 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: youtube app sound issue

Can you check the video resolution as I suspect it's 1080p60 and further evidence of a bug in the app on the V6. If it's 1080p60, reduce to 720p.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Fox35
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 37
Flag for a moderator

V6 YouTube Sound Cut Outs After Update

Some YouTube videos on my 2 V6 boxes, via the YouTube app now have intermittent sound stuttering which makes viewing impossible, which effects many of my favourite YT channels. This started yesterday after my V6 boxes updated to new software version 20.9.1.

The same YT videos playback fine on other devices, so it is clearly a fault with the V6 boxes and the new software update only.

Any solutions please VM?

0 Kudos
Jiffray
Joining in
Message 23 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi Virgin,

I'm experiencing the odd sound cutting out issue too. It's not on every video or YouTube channel but just tried to play a video by the channel Filmento - '300, How to film Style'.

Hope there will be an update soon to fix this. Also, is there a setting I'm missing to fix a couple of other issues I seem to have:

About 50% of the time the video will start about 5 - 10 seconds in to the video and on some videos the apsect ratio is a little off so the video plays but chops off some of the edges (apologoes for my bad description).

Thanks

0 Kudos
Fox35
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Bug -Youtube 60hz Sound Drop Outs

Hi, after further testing and playback of different videos from the YT app on the V6, I am pretty sure that the sound drop outs issue is only effecting playback of videos that were in 60hz.

Previously, before the latest update, the box just reverted them to 50hz playback with no problems but since the last 20.9.1 update this is not happening and its having sound drop outs every couple of seconds in that format.

I have tried changing the output to 1080p, 1080 pass through, 720p and rebooted but has made no difference.

Can VM engineers please address this bug.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 25 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Bug -Youtube 60hz Sound Drop Outs

For the video settings for 'Youtube' the V6 depends on what you set the 'passthru' options too.

As I and others have said in the other forum - some specific titles are required to look at to see if others have the same issue.

@Fox35 wrote:

Hi, after further testing and playback of different videos from the YT app on the V6, I am pretty sure that the sound drop outs issue is only effecting playback of videos that were in 60hz.

Previously, before the latest update, the box just reverted them to 50hz playback with no problems but since the last 20.9.1 update this is not happening and its having sound drop outs every couple of seconds in that format.

I have tried changing the output to 1080p, 1080 pass through, 720p and rebooted but has made no difference.

Can VM engineers please address this bug.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi All

Thanks for letting us know you are having issues with the sound on YouTube.

We are aware of the issues and are currently working hard to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

In the meantime the only work around we have is to watch any videos in 720p or less. until we get this resolved.

Many thanks Jodi

0 Kudos
bjspence
Joining in
Message 27 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I experienced the same stuttering sound on some youtube videos so I logged in via the tube app on Amazon prime. No stuttering the sound was ok. I changed back to the app in my Virgin V6 box and the same youtube video and the stuttering has stopped . Not even going to try and work that one out just enjoying it while it lasts lol.

0 Kudos
gaz132
Superfast
Message 28 of 37
Flag for a moderator

My app freezes on some YouTube vids

and also the YouTube SEARCH Box has disappeared 

rebooted V6 from within settings and also switched off from plug and on again 

These problems have only started since the V6 update 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 29 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi bjspence,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this. 

Have you been able to speak with our technical team concerning this? If not please let me know and I will be happy to look into this.

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
m0bov
Tuning in
Message 30 of 37
Flag for a moderator

I also have the sound issues. Hope VM is working to sort out the very buggy youtube app.

Full House with 200Mb. 2x V6s hard wired, SH3 in Modem Mode with TP-Link TL-R600VPN. Ubiquiti Wifi Points, IP CCTV and Sonoff Smart switches, Synology NAS. Whole house wired with CAT5e.
0 Kudos