Menu
gedd1646
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

when we change channels on V6 box we lose the sound. Only a reset of V6 box resolves.

when we change channels on V6 box we lose the sound. Only a reset of V6  box resolves.

Happens 40% of the time.

Driving us mad.

WE have fibre to the property. Generally get abour 50MBits/sec

Regards

George

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: when we change channels on V6 box we lose the sound. Only a reset of V6 box resolves.

Have you tried a new/different HDMI cable and also tried all of the input ports on the TV?  Does the same thing happen if you put a different TV or computer monitor onto the V6?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: when we change channels on V6 box we lose the sound. Only a reset of V6 box resolves.

Hi gedd1646,

Sorry to hear this. 

How are things looking at the moment?

Thanks

Ben_N

0 Kudos
gedd1646
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your interest.

Have changed the HDMI cable and am using a different HDMI port.

Loss of sound still occurs when we change channels, but we think it might be less frequently.

We also find that a reset might not be necessary if we go back to the previous channel.....then wait a while......the select the change of channel.

Do we need a replacement box? This problem is tedious in the extreme.

Regards

George

0 Kudos
Pclarke871
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My mum has the same problem, do we know how to resolve ?

0 Kudos
spelly
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly same issue which I have just added as a new topic. My post as follows: 

No Sound

Hi I have a fairly new Sony Bravia TV which is linked to my Tivo via HDMI cable only. 

When I change channels on my Virgin remote occasionally there is no sound coming from the channel I have chosen. To try and resolve I have to go out of the channel and go back into it but this does not always work. 

The channels which I sometimes get no sound from all commonly display "Stereo 3840x2160p". The channels that always work ok display "Stereo Dolby Digital 3840x2160p". 

Has anybody experienced this issue with their Sony/Tivo. Any advice on how I resolve would be appreciated. 

I noticed a settings option where one option is DOLBY DIGITAL and a second option is DOLBY DIGITAL TO PCM.

I am currently on Dolby Digital option but to be honest do not really understand what each option really means, more so the one saying PCM. 

Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
spelly
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

sorry just to clarify my Virgin box is a V6

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

When you say you lose sound, is this a total loss of sound or a few seconds when you change the channel?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Have any of you "sound losers" tested another TV or computer monitor on the V6 with known good quality HDMI cable. Just to pinpoint that the problem is with the V6 an not the TV. I ask as my similar problem last year was TV related and eventually only fixed by Samsung UK Support

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
annoyed2017
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've got the same problem. Never had it with the Tivo, having all these problems with the V6 since installed. The guide doesnt show all programmes, there's missing programmes when you flick through channels and the constant missing sound from ad hoc channels is so bloody annoying.  you end up going back or forward to a channel that has got sound and then going back so the channel you wanted has sound (if that makes sense).  

0 Kudos