Menu
ron101
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

what is going on????

I've had the box del and fitted and it turns out to be faulty, so I've just come off the phone from virgin and the man said they will come and do it for £40.00 + 5.00 del to my door. OR I have got to fit it myself????? (I HAVE NOT GOT ANY BBC 1 + 2 CHANNELS at the moment).I am not capable of doing that due to my stroke. why am I being charged for this when I pay £95.00 p month for your service?

NODROGD
QUOTE:
ive got 1 "V+ BOX HD" old one in the bedroom and 1 v+ 6 in the lounge, i think you better send along some body along to sort it out, i thing we want the bedroom one changed for the current one.

Its either a V+HD (old Type) or a V6 (the new one). No such thing as a V+6.

Best idea is to ring Retentions (150 option 1 then 4 then 5) & they can arrange on the spot.

The Forum Team would take about a week to respond, a then things will have to go back & forth confirming details etc which will take even longer.

You need to bear in mind that all V6 boxes must be able to connect to your home network as well as the coax cable. If the WiFi is not good in the bedroom you may also need Powerline connectors installed.
QUOTE:

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: what is going on????

Hi Ron101,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear of the personal issue. To confirm, have you had the box delivered? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

why would you pay £40 and a delivery charge - was this offshore you spoke to - if so ignore it and give retentions a ring

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

make sure its a UK agent and see what they say

Tony
0 Kudos
ron101
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ive just found out  BN3 6XA is down, be back at 4.00 pm, thanks both of you willing to help.though.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ron, 

Have you activated the new box or do you still need help?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
ron101
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

yes i have activated the box but i cant get BBC 1 + 2 (everything else is ok) its all pixelated, but the phones are down in this area so ill just have to wait till 4.00pm when virgin have sorted it out.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is there a service fault for the TV Ron listed here - virg.in/service 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS wrote:

Is there a service fault for the TV Ron listed here - virg.in/service 

Kind regards,

hmmmmmmmmmmm

the OP gives you his postcode in a post above - would it not be worth you checking the service status - not that its a bit of use normally before asking the question - from there [maybe] you could offer other help

Tony