cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

w02 code

dtpnicholson
Joining in

Hi, 

For the last few weeks some channels are very distorted or not coming through entirely. Occasionally the W02 code is displayed. 

I have run all of the usual diagnostic tests many times and tried phoning through but the tests Virgin do are showing no issue. On demand still works fine but live TV for some channels including BBC and ITV is impossible. 

I would be grateful for some help on this and if possible to book an engineer in to fix the issue. 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per error code help W02 is a classic "loss of signal error", so my standard advice with all pixellation queries applies..

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

You've not said which BBC channels are affected, or whether you're watching "BBC" or "ITV" in SD or HD - it won't alter the end advice, but it may help prove the issues in the meantime. OnDemand & streaming platforms all use the internet, and won't be affected by TV signal issues.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi dtpnicholson, thanks for your post - sorry for the delayed response here.

I'm also sorry to hear about the TV issues you've experienced. I wasn't able to look into this using your forum details alone on this occasion - so if if you haven't been able to get this sorted by now please get back to me via PM and I'll be able to help further.

Tom

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @dtpnicholson. As there are currently no known faults I have arranged a visit from an engineer. You will find confirmation via your online account (virg.in/myVM) and can reschedule from there if needed.

Please keep us posted with how you get on, or let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Tom 

Thanks for booking the engineer. He was very helpful and fixed the issue which was a signal issue coming into the house. 

Dan

Thanks for coming back to us @dtpnicholson and I'm glad to hear that the engineer was able to resolve your issues.

Please do let us know if you have any further problems with your services.

Regards,

Steven_L