cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v6box playing up

havantaclew
On our wavelength

Hi all,     been having intermittent issues with my telly for a while,  no sound when I turn on is most common, but over the past few days I've found that sometimes the box doesn't respond to the remote control. I get no guide and I can't move between channels. I can usually get it sorted by re-booting ,but I have to do this a couple of times a day to stay on top of it.

I know it's not the TV 'cos when I switch to Freeview everything works normally.  I don't think it's the remote as I can control the volume and turn mute on and off etc. 

As I say re-booting can usually fix it eventually but I never know if I'll get normal service when I turn on the TV....                            any advice ?   thanks

24 REPLIES 24

Spoke too soon,       back to the same problems. Last time I fired up the TV I had sound but I couldn't navigate away from the channel I was on. I couldn't do anything to control the box, no channel guide , no response, I couldn't even put the box into standby via the remote. I can turn the TV on and off but not the box. I have to reboot via the wall socket. Last time I did this it all seemed ok but a little while later,when I tried to change channels, it was frozen.

I'm convinced the fault is in the v6box,   what should I do next.

Hi havantaclew,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues with your TV service. I do agree that it sounds like an issue with your box.

I've popped you over a PM so I can take some details and look into arranging an engineer visit for you

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

Hello Beth,      

Thanks for your message.  I phoned customer services over the week-end and after a lot of faffing they decided I needed a new box. It's being delivered tomorrow evening and I have agreed to swap the boxes myself .  

One question you can help me with is,   will they want to collect the old one at the same time ?   thanks again.

Thank you for the update @havantaclew.

We are glad to hear an appointment was arranged for you regarding this. Do you still have the old box after the appointment? If so, you may find the following link useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No, the engineer took the old box away with him,   thanks.   Still have issues though, the new box keeps turning itself off .

Changed standby setting to ' always on ' so it was on this morning, however it still sticks on the same channel and the remote only works if I reboot from the wall socket.      I have a new remote on order so I will live with the problem until it arrives and I'll see if that solves it.  

Thanks for coming back to us @havantaclew.

I'm sorry that your issues are still happening, have you received the new remote control yet and if so has this resolved your issues?

Regards,

Steven_L

No , nothing yet. The last CS agent I spoke to said he could see no record of one being on order so he put the order in again.  This was last Thurs. so early days yet.                                                  thanks for your message.

Hi @havantaclew,

Thanks for the update and apologies for the delayed response. The delivery can take up to 5 working days.

If this has passed and it's yet to arrive or you have any further queries, please do let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Bingo !   new remote arrived this morning.   It's now paired with the box and coded to the TV so all is well and working fine ( so far lol )

Thanks to all for helping me out,    cheers